Basel 2012: first teaser - SkyDweller? WG Daytona confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dfive View Post
    Its coming... but no fool will waste their money on it.
    I'm gonna be that potential fool
    Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfive View Post
      Its coming... but no fool will waste their money on it.
      Originally posted by weizhen77 View Post
      I'm gonna be that potential fool
      Congrats.... LOL
      ROLEX.

Comment

• Those who can afford to buy a 50 to 60K watch will for sure buy the new Rolex Sky Dweller.... simply because they already have the Pateks and APs! haha!

all of you are assuming buyers out there can only afford one 60k watch. singapore have plenty of multi millionaires, as long as it is something new and looks nice, rich watch collectors will buy, in fact you may not be able to buy a SD even if you can afford it cos there may be a long waiting list.
        I remember when the new YM gold model came out couple of years ago, my friend wanted to buy but sold out at all ADs!
        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
        1) WG DIA 18239
        2) YG DIA 18238
        3) WG 18239
        4) YG 18238
        5) YG 18248G Bark
        6) WG DIA 18039
        7) WG 18039
        8) YG 18038
        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
        12) WG 1803
        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
        1)GMT II 116718 18K
        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
        2)D15037 14k
        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
          Those who can afford to buy a 50 to 60K watch will for sure buy the new Rolex Sky Dweller.... simply because they already have the Pateks and APs! haha!

all of you are assuming buyers out there can only afford one 60k watch. singapore have plenty of multi millionaires, as long as it is something new and looks nice, rich watch collectors will buy, in fact you may not be able to buy a SD even if you can afford it cos there may be a long waiting list.
          I remember when the new YM gold model came out couple of years ago, my friend wanted to buy but sold out at all ADs!
          So true bro, we have over 3000 homes here at more than 12 Million !! and this is like pocket money to them all.
          ROLEX.

Comment

• havent seen this at local authorised dealers yet

Comment

• like as though the YM2 isnt ugly enough....this sky dweller thingy is really..... peng....

Comment

• its quite good looking, just that it does not carry the typical rolex look

Comment

• Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                  like as though the YM2 isnt ugly enough....this sky dweller thingy is really..... peng....
                  Ok... I hate to frequently adjust the date (5 times a year is too much for me :P), that is one of the reasons why I got myself an Explorer.
                  So, do you have any good recommendation for automatic watch that has perpetual calendar/annual calendar feature?
                  Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• there will always be buyers. some peple kust wants to stand out in the crowd. guess this is one way.

even the gawdy super bling cartier look alike rolex with the tiger stripes straps and dial can find buyers. the piece at cortina was bought by an indian gentleman apparently.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• Originally posted by weizhen77 View Post
                      Ok... I hate to frequently adjust the date (5 times a year is too much for me :P), that is one of the reasons why I got myself an Explorer.
                      So, do you have any good recommendation for automatic watch that has perpetual calendar/annual calendar feature?
                      No i dont. Notice that my post is a perspective purely on aesthetics. Cheers

Comment

• 5 times a year too much?
                        thought manual adjustment of hour/min hands and date is one of the enjoyment of owning an automatic watch

Comment

• It's an interesting development, movement wise, but god is it a visual monstrousity. But some people have silly money and beauty is ultimately in the eye of the beholder.
                          Bremont BC-S2 Black
                          JLC Master Hometime
                          Nomos Ludwig Automatik Datum anthrazit
                          Rolex 216570 Explorer II Black
                          Sinn 856 UTC
                          Tudor Heritage Chrono

Comment

• Originally posted by docomospur View Post
                            It's an interesting development, movement wise, but god is it a visual monstrousity. But some people have silly money and beauty is ultimately in the eye of the beholder.
                            *nod*

Comment

• this watch looks weird..lol

Comment

• I thought it looks cool
                                It retains the typical dj look yet add in some new element

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X