Blue Submariner with 3D crown on dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Submariner with 3D crown on dial

Hi all, pls pardon my ignorance. I dont know how else to describe this. I saw someody wearing a submariner with a gorgeous blue dial. The colour is vvery different from the new blue subs - deep blue almost purplish. Of note is tha fact that the crown on the dial is palpable 3D. Any idea what intage this watch is and how/ where i can get it?
    There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Purple dial? From where you see this watch, bro?
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      Purple dial? From where you see this watch, bro?
      Maybe colour fade lor....or it's a fake..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Maybe colour fade lor....or it's a fake..
        Most likely man...

Comment

3D sounds really weird...leh...got pics bo?

Btw...TT Subs with blue face is not say very old leh...not considered vintage.

I must ask first...is it in SS or TT?

Comment

Hi bros!

Saw it on the owner of a shop in katong. Asked him abt it. He took the dial off his TT Submariner (circa70s-80s), which was bought in japan, and fitted it into his black sub.

I believe it's called the nipple dial. When i said 3D i was trying to convey that the rolex crown was the palpable type, not the painted on variety which we see today.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Hi bros!

Saw it on the owner of a shop in katong. Asked him abt it. He took the dial off his TT Submariner (circa70s-80s), which was bought in japan, and fitted it into his black sub.

I believe it's called the nipple dial. When i said 3D i was trying to convey that the rolex crown was the palpable type, not the painted on variety which we see today.
              I see... Oh dear, the TT Sub 70s to 80s are so cool. If it's working, it shld be worth a lot today

Comment

If you can show us a pic....we would really appreciate it!

Comment

Er i don't know the guy well, so doubt he'll lemme take a pix of his wrist/ watch. But suffice to say, i was mesmerized! Kept asking him how much...where i'd be able to find it...he told me to go nippon!

I'd love to, but taking into account the entire trip's expenses, plus the no-doubt exhorbitant price i'll be quoted..............

Perhaps someday.......

Comment

Think it will look interesting. Blue dial with Black bezel...

Comment

can we have a pic pls? 3D crown? interesting.
                      Rolex Submariner Z series

Comment

Early half gold sub 16613 maybe 'R' series got blue dial that will look purple when u look at other angles. But this 3D watches are not worth to collect. As they belong half to the vintage and half to the modern sub. The price very confusing.

Comment

Thanks for the info bro! Know where i can find it? And how much it wld set me back by? How old are these bad boys?!

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                            Thanks for the info bro! Know where i can find it? And how much it wld set me back by? How old are these bad boys?!
                            about 19+old. about 9k at present. I can only find the black dial but not the blue purple dial. If u like the design, there are alot of gmt 1 with this kind of dial. why not get a 1680 about the price.

Comment

You're saying there are gmt 1s with this kinda blue-purplish dial? I aint never seen it man. Pls enlighten me again bro! Where can i get my grubby paws on them bad boys?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X