• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
    Its normal
    You have DSSD ?

Originally posted by Storm trooper View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I notice this don't happen in SUB bezel
    It does with mine... its ok... its because on each lug under the bezel you'l find 4x springs and 4x Ceramic ball bearings ( 1 set per lug that is.. ).
    ROLEX.

Comment

• same here but its not exactly 'bouncy'
      just that there is some degree of freedom due to the slight gap between bezel and case necessary for the bezel rotation

Originally posted by bennyfoong View Post
      My SubC bezel does feel bouncy when depressed with my fingers... It's an alphanumeric serial.

Comment

• Great to heard that from DSSD owners . Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Storm trooper View Post
          Just to check with all DSSD owner , does your ceramic bezel feel bouncy when press down with your fingers . Is it normal? as there is no problem with the turning or I just being Paranoid. If not I will have to send to Rolex centre to check. Thanks in advance
          Mine too. Feels bouncy as well. Bought my DSSD in April.

Comment

• i'd be worried if my fixed bezel rolex feels bouncy
            for rotatable bezel, the slight bounce is normal

Comment

• Dfive is right.

Another point: Does this have something to do with an anti-tamper mechanism that alerts RSC techs whether bezels have been swapped or replaced illegitimately? I just read about this somewhere on watchsnob. And he says that 6months after this has been done, the movement just grinds to halt.

Anyone out there know something more about this?
              "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

• Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                Dfive is right.

Another point: Does this have something to do with an anti-tamper mechanism that alerts RSC techs whether bezels have been swapped or replaced illegitimately? I just read about this somewhere on watchsnob. And he says that 6months after this has been done, the movement just grinds to halt.

Anyone out there know something more about this?
                Sorry - You referring to the outer bezel ?

No way will it stop the movement..... a divers watch.... even a citizen will still work if bezel is ripped off.
                ROLEX.

Comment

• Agree with dfive
                  How could an external bezel affect an internal movement sealed within the case?

Comment

• Quite a few in SG AD's right now.... all at the new 15,780.... still can't help to think if I had not bought mine in FEB I'd not own it today.... it's very high.... I bet by late 2014 it's going to hit the 20K mark. ( remember this post ! )
                    ROLEX.

Comment

• Its abit surprising dssd replaced daytona as the highest priced ss sports

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                        Its abit surprising dssd replaced daytona as the highest priced ss sports
                        Besides the chronograph function, and the new ceramic bezel ( select range ) the Daytona is outdated..... no real technology in it IMO..... better chronographs can be had at a cheaper or equal $ range...... Daytona fans like the current pre-historic unchanged boring model though.

DSSD is way advanced in case design and specs.

Look out for the new Daytona release in the 2013-14 season.
                        ROLEX.

Comment

• anyone here feel that Rolex might end up outpricing itself eventually?
                          Because, at the rate of it's price increase, many may feel that they might as well go for other high-end brands like AP.
                          Price of a brand new DSSD is quite prohibitive now.
                          "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

• You appear biased against rolex models except for those you own

Comment

• have to agree with you
                              the moment ss sport rolex exceed 20k, i'd switch to AP anytime

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                              anyone here feel that Rolex might end up outpricing itself eventually?
                              Because, at the rate of it's price increase, many may feel that they might as well go for other high-end brands like AP.
                              Price of a brand new DSSD is quite prohibitive now.

Comment

• well, AP prices might increase too

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X