Deep Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Storm trooper View Post
    Yes there may be many more watches which can go deeper in the ocean bed but STILL only one legendary Deepsea, get the point?
    Haha. I like this. That's why we're all ardent supporters of the Rolex dive range (you bros are all ardent supporters of the Rolex dive range, right?).

Would you consider the sub 16610LN as the legendary dive model, or the seadweller? I digress..
    "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

• i think both are great watches
      tough choice
      but my vote goes to submariner

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
      Haha. I like this. That's why we're all ardent supporters of the Rolex dive range (you bros are all ardent supporters of the Rolex dive range, right?).

Would you consider the sub 16610LN as the legendary dive model, or the seadweller? I digress..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
        I don't think the Deepsea has achieved "legendary" status yet. However, the Deepsea's older brother the Sea-Dweller has achieved that "legendary" status due to its COMEX linkages and heritage with US Navy's Sea-Lab (where the Helium Release Valve was joint-developed).

Correct - Rolex S.A. and Doxa S.A. when they co-created the helium escape valve in the 1960s (first introduced in the Rolex Submariner/Sea-Dweller and the Doxa Conquistador) : A small, spring-loaded one-way valve integrated in the watch case that is activated when the differential between the inner and the outside pressure reaches a critical level.
        Result: The valve releases the helium, hydrogen and/or other gases used in the breathing gas mix ( TriMix / Heliox Blends / others trapped inside the watch case.
        ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Storm trooper View Post
          Yes there may be many more watches which can go deeper in the ocean bed but STILL only one legendary Deepsea, get the point?
          I dun think it deserve the legenday status yet, even it's a great watch. Legendary might be use for submariner or even sea dweller. Just ask your friend which rolex they know, chances are they will know submariner, likely they will know sea dweller but might not know deep sea.

This is just my personal opinion.
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

• A "legend" takes time to nurture, just like how patina takes time to develop and "glow". DSSD is too new an addition to the rolex dive family.

I would say the sub IMHO is the legend of the rolex dive family. Even before were became interested in collecting watches, we already identified that iconic watch to be a rolex with one glance...
            "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

• Dssd should attain iconic status
              Its just a matter of time
              Cant say the same for other less popular sports model like milgauss and yachtmaster II

Comment

• Guy, to u all know tat who created DSSD ?

haha, my wife tot me tat my deepsea is created by Teletubbies !! she so cute '

Comment

• Originally posted by BomoTan View Post
                  Guy, to u all know tat who created DSSD ?

got to check with Mr. Cameron if he saw any Deepsea tubbies while he was down in the Mariana Trench. kekekeke..............

Comment

• Some says Dssd look "chubby"

Comment

• Originally posted by BomoTan View Post
                      Guy, to u all know tat who created DSSD ?

watch this, than u will know y : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVy42...eature=related

Comment

• I watched e clip but still not sure why

Comment

• Tinky Winky- Purple
                          Dipsy- Green
                          Laa-Laa- Yellow
                          Po- Red.

Dipsy created DEEPSEA lol.............. cold ??

Comment

• ok.. quite cold

Comment

• Have noticed many bro's trying their luck selling BNIB overseas DSSD's at 13-13.5K since the historic perhaps first ever 13% price rise for DSSD..... yet the local market place is only willing to buy these at 11.5-12K still.

All selling are still the 'G series' mind you.... you'll see the Alpha's coming to market later in the year I believe.

Just my observations.
                              ROLEX.

Comment

• I guess that might make it cheaper to buy a preown G dssd

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                                Have noticed many bro's trying their luck selling BNIB overseas DSSD's at 13-13.5K since the historic perhaps first ever 13% price rise for DSSD..... yet the local market place is only willing to buy these at 11.5-12K still.

All selling are still the 'G series' mind you.... you'll see the Alpha's coming to market later in the year I believe.

Just my observations.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X