Rolex GMT Master 2 half gold or Submariner half gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex GMT Master 2 half gold or Submariner half gold

Hello fellow forumers, this might have been a discussed to death issue but nonetheless, I seek opinions and experiences that u may have regarding the above. My current rollie is a stainless steel GMT Master 2 and have loved it ever since. Now I am thinkning of getting another Rollie but only the half gold variant of GMT master2 or submariner. WHich should i get? I like gmt cause I travel a lot but dont wanna have two same model and on the other hand I dont dive at all either. Makes sense to have 2 diff models or too much love of a certain model????

Sorry if I post this at the wrong section, site admin may re-post at correct section.

Regards

Megadeth

I would suggest you get a Sub this round. A TT sub-C would be it.
    Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

If your current gmt ii is none ceramic.
      Get the Tt gmt.

Even if your current is a ceramic model
      No point buying one you don't like.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I assume that the stainless steel (SS) GMT II is the ceramic bezel version you are having. In this case, having the half-gold (HG) version doesn't really make very much visual difference. I have observed, over the years, that due to the case design and polished centre bracelet links of the SS version, it was sometimes difficult to immediately differentiate it with the HG version on a wearer's wrist. Note that the HG version has the same polished portions as the SS version.

Whether you dive or not is secondary. I thought since you have made up the said two choices, the Submariner HG version should be a sounder choice in your case. Just to share, you can consider these options :

1. Sell/trade off your current SS GMT II for the HG version; or
        2. Keep your current piece & purchase the Submariner; or
        3. Sell/trade off your current piece & buy the HG version, & a SS Submariner; or
        4. Keep this piece and buy a HG version of both the GMT II & Submariner.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Like the TT gmt iic & SS Sub combo.

Sub as a tool watch is more suited to one color .
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I have the current 116713 and 16613LB before. Both are great watches to own.

If u re planning on selling your SS GMT, I would suggest you go for the TT GMT2.
            If u re not planning on selling, buy the TT submariner.

Have more options for different occasion.

Comment

Correct but the thing is, TS mentioned he doesn't dive. So I thought the HG Submariner may be a better choice.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I also dun dive, but am in love with the Blue sub & green sub.....
                I'm in bad company........

Comment

Get the classical and traditional Sub! Since you already have the current GMT master II, it's better to get a different model, unless you are so keen to collect full set of GMT. Get Sub and you won't go wrong.

Comment

In my opinion the old 16613 looks better than the old 16713 but the newer 116713 looks better then the new 116613

Comment

Thanks fellas, appreciate the swift responses. I think I'll just go with the submariner...but somewhat a little hesitant...Will update further.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        I assume that the stainless steel (SS) GMT II is the ceramic bezel version you are having. In this case, having the half-gold (HG) version doesn't really make very much visual difference. I have observed, over the years, that due to the case design and polished centre bracelet links of the SS version, it was sometimes difficult to immediately differentiate it with the HG version on a wearer's wrist. Note that the HG version has the same polished portions as the SS version.

Whether you dive or not is secondary. I thought since you have made up the said two choices, the Submariner HG version should be a sounder choice in your case. Just to share, you can consider these options :

3. Sell/trade off your current piece & buy the HG version, & a SS Submariner; or

On hindsight, I did consider the same options. Likely to do Option 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

On hindsight, I did consider the same options. Likely to do Option 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            In my opinion the old 16613 looks better than the old 16713 but the newer 116713 looks better then the new 116613
                            and the old 16613 looks better than the new 116613, imo

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                              and the old 16613 looks better than the new 116613, imo
                              Originally posted by nim
                              Agree
                              Why do you guys say this? I'm actually looking for a 16613 instead of 116613 more due to budget than preference.

To me they look very identical on pics. Havent had the opportunity to physically examine them side by side tho.

Hope to learn from you guys if you dun mind...
                              I'm in bad company........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X