No announcement yet.

Cannot decide new(42mm) or old(40mm) Explorer II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new 216570 has many improvements over the previous 40mm version - among them, the cal 3187 movement with in-house paraflex shock absorbers (advertised as 50% more efficient than the old KIF absorbers from ETA) and a larger bi-directional main weight, bracelet with easylink extension, and longer lasting bluish lume with SuperLuminova on the markers. These alone should tilt the decision.. just my 2 cents! I have the black face version, and sometimes I just keep starring at the beautiful watch face, especially its glow in the dark!

Comment

My White "pop swatch" in snow.....

Comment

The lume from the 216570 taken from a website:

Comment

i'd go for the 42mm, but this article on the 40mm may give you a second opinion

http://www.theprodigalguide.com/2010...y-explorer-ii/

Comment

Go for the new version...why linger over the past.
            Everyone likes new stuff from car, house, clothes, hand phone and the list goes on....
            (Only the wife cannot be new....haha)
            Him:
            116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
            AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

Comment

Being a proud & happy owner of a 42mm ExpII, i'll say get the new 42mm model instead of the old & discontinued 40mm ExpII. But if u hav heaps of $$$, then get both by all means & enjoy wearing them!

Rolex owner since 2010
              Previously owned:
              Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
              GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
              Current collection:
              Datejust 36(116234) V serial
              GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
              Upcoming/Wishlist:
              "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

wow..benny ive seen hundreds of polar expII fotos
                ...yrs is THE best...ever..really makes an exclamation to "polar"...cool..thanks for sharing..
                Originally posted by bennyfoong View Post

My White "pop swatch" in snow.....
                Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
                I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
                Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Thanks for the compliments Jason.... It's just a random shot during my recent trip

Comment

Ur welcome..even the rolex marketg ppl will be proud when they see the snow shot..lovely!
                    Originally posted by bennyfoong View Post
                    Thanks for the compliments Jason.... It's just a random shot during my recent trip
                    Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
                    I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
                    Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
                      Has always been thinking of getting my first Rolex (Rolex Explorer II), and now has finally decided to get it for the coming New Year.
                      Knowing that the new Rolex Explorer II (42mm) has been launched recently, will it considers wise to buy the older model (40mm, remaining stock) now? I cannot decide even knowing that the older one (40mm) costs lesser by 2k.
                      Really hope to listen to some experts’ opinion, and considerations.Thanks.
                      For the appearance, I find both the newer and old one are equally attractive.
                      Go for the 42mm BLACK. If you will to buy 40mm, buy the white. My 2cents

Comment

42mm looks better!!!!

Comment

Try both on your hands. One of them will wink at you! If both wink, your wallet better be happy!

Comment

Hi everybody, this is my virgin post in SG-ROC....

Just bought an Explorer II (Black) as a gift for my wife on the day she delivered my daughter.

The new Explorer II definitely have the "WOW" factors in term of the looks, weight and movement...

Can any kind soul advice me for some picture uploading tips??

Comment

Originally posted by nickster_83 View Post
                              Hi everybody, this is my virgin post in SG-ROC....

Just bought an Explorer II (Black) as a gift for my wife on the day she delivered my daughter.

The new Explorer II definitely have the "WOW" factors in term of the looks, weight and movement...

Can any kind soul advice me for some picture uploading tips??
                              http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/48209-...ing-imageshack
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Appreciate with thanks!!!

Thats useful...

my apologies, as i can't post my picture for sharing due to my low posting count....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X