No announcement yet.

Cannot decide new(42mm) or old(40mm) Explorer II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case, i would have gotten the 40mm, as it has been discontinue, and to find a brand new set may not be as easy as before. The 42mm is a new model, so it will be expected to be in production for the next couple of yrs. Therefore, i will still have time to consider whether to buy anot.
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

Thee is no objective answer to this because everyone has a different wrist. I had the opportunity to try out the black and white Explorer 2s and the current Explorer by chance at the same time in one AD and finally settled for the 40mm white Explorer 2.

Here is an interesting article that favors the 40mm.

http://www.theprodigalguide.com/2010...y-explorer-ii/

Comment

very interesting article but I feel that bigger is better

Comment

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
          Has always been thinking of getting my first Rolex (Rolex Explorer II), and now has finally decided to get it for the coming New Year.

Knowing that the new Rolex Explorer II (42mm) has been launched recently, will it considers wise to buy the older model (40mm, remaining stock) now? I cannot decide even knowing that the older one (40mm) costs lesser by 2k. Hope to listen to some experts’ opinion.

For the appearance, I find both the newer and old one are equally attractive.
          So bro Rony which one did you buy? New or old white or black? Will be nice you can share with everyone.

Comment

i was deciding between the 2 as well (partly also due to costs reasons) but got the 42mm... never regretted..

Comment

I had 2 of the older Explorer 2. The black and white. Now i own only the 42mm white dial and love it with no regrets. I personally feels that it can fit my wrist like my Pam and AP without being too small. Cheers~!

Comment

Looks like the 40mm is the new standard for more and more ladies who likes big sport watches, whereas 42mm is the new norm for men's sport model to keep up with the times

Comment

Originally posted by rhythm View Post
                  If you are going for 40mm expII, might as well get a 2nd hand one. No point saving 2k only, might as well save 5k.
                  This makes a lot of sense. There are lots of well kept 40mm Explorer IIs around.
                  If you want a Rolex to keep on your wrist for many years to come, get the 40mm.
                  If you want the latest, and do not mind paying the premium then of course the 42mm will be the fancier choice.

Comment

The 40mm is going to be my next watch... will be looking out for a V series without ping hole and with chapter ring.

Comment

42mm orange hand is a 40th Anniversary edition. Plus 42mm is nice as not many Rolex comes in 42mm

Comment

I have both watches i.e 40mm black dial and 42mm white dial. I opted for the white dial 42mm last Dec because I already own a black 40mm. Since then, the 42mm gets much more wrist time than the 40mm despite the fact that I love black dial over white. I have no regrets buying the white 42mm Explorer II as it is the only white dial Rolex sports watch I own :-)

Comment

Get the new 42mm ExpII 216570 since it was launched in 2011 celebrating 40th anniversary, & the orange hand & wordings stand out from the rest

Rolex owner since 2010
                          Previously owned:
                          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                          Current collection:
                          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                          Upcoming/Wishlist:
                          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Both r nice. but if to choose i prefer 42mm

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                              The best looking dial variation in the two models. White for the old ex2 and black for the new ex2.
                              Definitely Ex2 42mm. Larger watch are in thing now. Price with discount now.

Comment

you can get in local AD stores at 9.8 - 10K...... OR sg-roc for some 8.3-9.2K source from wherever.
                                ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X