Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
    the effect will kinda snowball....

but the last time i looked, still got long queue outside LV taka.... and cash registers still going strong haha.....
    LV are really masters at managing perception - they make the items look hot
    by employing a jaga to make a long queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsub View Post
      Hi all,
      Today if walk into Rolex Dealer with Cash I am sure they'll welcome you with open arms, sell at reasonable discount, ppl who wants to sell the Sub, Sub LV, etc must know at least market value, as econmic tsunami happening now ppl tends to hold back and not spending therefore pushing prices of commodities down.

Sub LV M series asking $8.2k whereas new selling slightly below $8.5k so you decide. New Sub althought some dealer say nett, show them the CASH you'll probably get it at less than $7.7k, so used Sub M series want s to sell $8k a little difficult. Prces differential like $500.00 I might as well walk into the Rolex dealer and fun bargain hard with them. You might get a good bargain, remember dealers also have over heads, rental, target to meet. Desperate to meet target they will sell at good price!!

Saw one Daytona not new I think is Y series asking $17.5k might as well buy New Daytona. Unless it's collector's lah 30 years aging, you 'll get x 30!! ha ha

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers

i think that post of Y series daytona selling at $17.5k is moderator doing some clean up of old post. that post was posted long ago to suit market price, so not the seller fault haha. sad to say now daytona price drop alot and easily available.

Comment

Daytona or Subbie??

I might want to try my luck in Hongkong next March 09, will visit Rolex dealer
        there, give them a hard bargain. I heard you can get around SGD14k any bro got any idea what's the price now in HK? If too expensive than will go for Sub.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
          Wah, "M" series at $8k range. Very tempting. Read my pm soon. hehe
          is M series the lastest series of SD ?

my dad brought one for me on April but wore once only. But he told me is lastest series of SD.

so checking is M series the lastest model n last of SD

Comment

Remember seeing someone posting a V series of SD before....

Comment

Originally posted by lifeless99 View Post
              is M series the lastest series of SD ?

my dad brought one for me on April but wore once only. But he told me is lastest series of SD.

so checking is M series the lastest model n last of SD
              M should be the latest and last of the SD(hopefully) unless the rumours of a V series SD is true.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                Remember seeing someone posting a V series of SD before....
                is it ?

i not sure about these. Anyway is a gift from my dad and he told me M series is the lastest n last of it.

thinking selling since i dun wear. plastic wrap still intact

Comment

someone at another forum posted a pic with warranty card showing v serial for his sea-dweller.

it's not a rumour.
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

then maybe i will sell it since i don't wear is a waste

Comment

that's quite true, but many buyers are probably foreigners

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                      the effect will kinda snowball....

but the last time i looked, still got long queue outside LV taka.... and cash registers still going strong haha.....
                      especially customers from Mainland China and India. just wait until after Chinese New Year 2009 - the luxury sector will certainly slow down a lot.....

Comment

Originally posted by lifeless99
                        anyone interested in getting a m-series SD brought at apr 2008
                        pls post in WTS.... thanks
                        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

The world economy is currently in chaos now not due to the real fact that there is no money, but money has been lost overnight into high risks investments products/loans which benefits those few receiving huge payouts at the expense of many. However, the worrying thing is that although there are some forms of co-ordination across nations to boost spending, most countries do not know how to actually react to this situation which they have not encountered before.

Singapore, however has been shielded to a certain extent due to its strict monetary and loan policy(except some). However, Singapore's recessionary effect still lags behind those of the west. Come 2009, especially after this current FY, many companies will be in the red and the true picture will been seen with many in negative growth. Mid 2009 would be the time where one (my guess) will see the picture coming for the next 2 years to come.

Those with cash (and still in a job) will be king to buying watches at that time.

Have a little patience my friends who have saved hard for that watch you always wanted and I'm sure you will be in a good position. The (watch) market needs to correct itself.
                          My humble keepsakes:
                          1) Submariner 14060
                          2) Submariner 14060M
                          3) Sea Dweller 16600
                          4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                          5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                          6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                          7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                          8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                          9) Panerai Black Seal
                          10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                          11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
                            The world economy is currently in chaos now not due to the real fact that there is no money, but money has been lost overnight into high risks investments products/loans which benefits those few receiving huge payouts at the expense of many. However, the worrying thing is that although there are some forms of co-ordination across nations to boost spending, most countries do not know how to actually react to this situation which they have not encountered before.

Singapore, however has been shielded to a certain extent due to its strict monetary and loan policy(except some). However, Singapore's recessionary effect still lags behind those of the west. Come 2009, especially after this current FY, many companies will be in the red and the true picture will been seen with many in negative growth. Mid 2009 would be the time where one (my guess) will see the picture coming for the next 2 years to come.

Those with cash (and still in a job) will be king to buying watches at that time.

Have a little patience my friends who have saved hard for that watch you always wanted and I'm sure you will be in a good position. The (watch) market needs to correct itself.

well said.

Comment

Sony will axe 8000. Hmm....

Comment

Dear Mickey, your post is spot on! kudos for the in-dept summary. May i just add something that came from a fund manager: "invest in only your excess" 5 simple words but how many can actually achieve this?
                                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                                "Foreign affections"
                                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                                What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X