Sea Dweller Falling ??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Dweller Falling ??!!

Recently, the SD price seem to be falling. Any idea why ?

Is it because too many stock around ?

Not going to be discontinue ?

Still quite easily obtainable ?

People going for Deep Sea instead ? Deep Sea price comparable ?

Last few months it was still selling very much above list ....

My take is that most people are more cautious in their spending due to the uncertainty on the economic front. And then there seem to be always an SD or GMT for sale. So currently there is a slight "flooding" in the market for these models. Boils down to supply/demand and competition, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post

I am not surprised if it is...

For the SD...all the while there has been alot of stock,then suddenly there was news of discontinuation and the price jumps. So when the price jumps...people try their luck and take out and sell. Supply is more than the demand then.....so prices might drop abit.

Yes it is easily obtainable. Deepsea,well doesnt appeal to all I would say,some like it some hate it. Be prepared to see the selling price drop

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Where can I buy the SD at discounted price? Thanks.

Comment

It was never really quite rising in the first place

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post

there were investors/speculators and dealers who thought they could gain by buying up the latest series SDs. SDs have always been easily obtainable, too many in production.................. and very very hard to be exclusive.....Those who are still trying to sell at high prices have seen their stock stuck on the shelves.

For a watch to be really hot, there should not be more than 2000 pieces in circulation in the world........I am afraid SD numbers probably surpass this by quite a huge margin.

so buy it only if you really like the SD, and not for speculative reasons because it is very hard to become very sought after in my view....however, it should retain its current value like all popular sports rolex models.

Personally I like the SD and think it is a great daily beater which is tough.

As for the deep sea, price will drop as stock comes in. There will however be some demand which will sustain it at a reasonable price level. Watch has been criticised by some, but there will be people who want to just buy and try, and then after getting bored will sell them off again, so if you are looking for a bargain, wait for pre-owned.
          Last edited by Reborn; 21-09-08, 01:06 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            good luck to the seller on the sale !

yah, seadweller and gmt2 have a lot in quantities but ppl are letting go due to it been discon and fetch very good price. but most tend to sell too ex and now due to the economic crisis, less ppl wanan buy so supply more then demand. prices for both will surely shoot up again as in sports model rolex. personally it will affect shop owners or dealer that cannot keep stock for too long. But if u r a private seller or collector and can make do without selling these 2 models, i will suggest keep it and at a later date u will be able to fetch very good price

Comment

hhmm.. personally I do agree with kenkelvin but my take at the end is that the GMTs will be able to hold the prices (or fetch better prices) in future due to its history/trend.
              SD unlike the GMTs don't achieve what the latter has over the years, it is a nice and solid watch with good metal BUT it was never a highly in demand model as compared to its cousin (the sub date) hence I doubt the SD will be able to fetch a handsome return.

Just me...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I agree with kenkelvin and jazz_samz

To me, watch investment is subjective and depends on supply and demand. The seller and buyer should shared the same value system, then there is a deal. Or else, there may be a watch model selling for $8,000 but an unappreciative prospect, it might not even worth $5,000.

Same theory goes for the limited editions - there may be 25 pieces available worldwide but doesn't mean price must appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  yah, seadweller and gmt2 have a lot in quantities but ppl are letting go due to it been discon and fetch very good price. but most tend to sell too ex and now due to the economic crisis, less ppl wanan buy so supply more then demand. prices for both will surely shoot up again as in sports model rolex. personally it will affect shop owners or dealer that cannot keep stock for too long. But if u r a private seller or collector and can make do without selling these 2 models, i will suggest keep it and at a later date u will be able to fetch very good price
                  totally agree with u...
                  There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Actually SD prices "falling" is a perception - it was artificially raised by sellers, when Rolex discontinued the model in Apr 08. Those who cannot hold or those who felt that "raise" in prices was not as fast as they wish and who now needed cash due to various reasons have to "force-sell".

of course, next year this time, when all the ADs in the world have no stock - guess who you can buy from? Yup, the SG-ROC bros!

So, I won't be bothered by the "falling" price. I'm quite happy that its been discontinued - I treasure mine tremendously and the fact that it is about as subtle as you can get for a Rolex, is brilliant. I simply loved the non-cyclops dial.

Compared to the Subs and all the rest of the sports models, we know SD has sold less, so now coupled with the discontinuation, I would think it makes it relatively rarer.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                      Actually SD prices "falling" is a perception - it was artificially raised by sellers, when Rolex discontinued the model in Apr 08. Those who cannot hold or those who felt that "raise" in prices was not as fast as they wish and who now needed cash due to various reasons have to "force-sell".

of course, next year this time, when all the ADs in the world have no stock - guess who you can buy from? Yup, the SG-ROC bros!

So, I won't be bothered by the "falling" price. I'm quite happy that its been discontinued - I treasure mine tremendously and the fact that it is about as subtle as you can get for a Rolex, is brilliant. I simply loved the non-cyclops dial.

Compared to the Subs and all the rest of the sports models, we know SD has sold less, so now coupled with the discontinuation, I would think it makes it relatively rarer.
                      Good point.
                      Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                      Rolex LV submariner
                      Rolex TT black submariner
                      Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                      Rolex Non date submariner
                      Rolex Explorer2
                      More...

Comment

let the time tell what watch is failing....

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post

Agreed
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X