Deep Sea Price Gradually Dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Sea Price Gradually Dropping

Reading the international forums, Deep Sea Dweller prices worldwide seem to be plunging to a very moderate level, as the initial craze & buzz dies down.

A few dealers on Watchnet are now offering the Deep Sea at around USD10,000. This is very near the USD retail of $9,500.

Even a reputable local dealer has moderated his price to SGD15K

Should be available at closer to retail at AD's by the end of the year, provided people continue to keep their cool.

Maybe price will be kept down by moderate local demand, since the bulk will be a major issue for all but the hulkiest among us local guys. Maybe it can be bought at retail or lower not too long from now.

Also, anyone also find the bracelet look like a bit spindly and thin to match the wide case?
    Last edited by dsdfan99; 16-09-08, 01:10 PM.

true that it's a matter of time...... but the key is when....

it took the 16610LV quite a long time to be selling at list price....

and gradually the 116710 ..... of cos the 116660 sooner or later.....
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I must say it is not easy to release a $15k watch in the resale market. I mean how many $15k watches can you really sell as market become savvy and saturated with other sport series that are readily available.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

What about 116520?

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
        true that it's a matter of time...... but the key is when....

it took the 16610LV quite a long time to be selling at list price....

and gradually the 116710 ..... of cos the 116660 sooner or later.....

Comment

Not dropping fast enuf and stabalizing fast enuf for my liking

Seriously need to revamp the twiddly braclet on a monster of a watch.

THG still pricing at 17K the last I checked. Visio sold one at 19K ... approx 2 weeks back ?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            What about 116520?
            u know the ans better than i do......
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

So in other words, don't buy any Rolex model if it is charging at a premium unless it is a 116520!

Comment

The price of 116520 has also softened quite a bit

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                IMO Not really.... I believe most models will be available at list price soon..
                some models are available earlier..
                Ppl who cannot wait then pay a premium.. IMO
                that's what Japanese dealers have been telling me...

Last week, a friend of mine bought one M series in lightly used condition in Singapore for SGD 14,500.

Deep Sea prices will definitely fall further - just look at the US economy - even Lehman brothers is now gone !!!! My friends.....get ready to buy the watch at list !

On another forum, the so-called discontinued Sea Dweller BNIB at SGD 8400 - still no takers. I think it will not move even at SGD 8000.

Not that these watches are not desirable, just that the poor economic conditions have made buyers very very careful with their money.
                Last edited by Reborn; 16-09-08, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, reborn you are right... market is very very soft now...

but if there is a 116520 BNIB selling for $14.5k, I will be first one to grab!

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  that's what Japanese dealers have been telling me...

Last week, a friend of mine bought one M series in lightly used condition in Singapore for SGD 14,500.

Deep Sea prices will definitely fall further - just look at the US economy - even Lehman brothers is now gone !!!! My friends.....get ready to buy the watch at list !

On another forum, the so-called discontinued Sea Dweller BNIB at SGD 8400 - still no takers. I think it will not move even at SGD 8000.

Not that these watches are not desirable, just that the poor economic conditions have made buyers very very careful with their money.

Comment

You are right....

Yes, reborn you are right... market is very very soft now...

but if there is a 116520 BNIB selling for $14.5k, I will be first one to grab!

I also wanted to grab, but was too late.... the 14.5 deal was the price between dealers, the original owner probably sold it for around 13k to the first dealer...when there is a market downturn, some people who cannot hold start to dump their watches....

Comment

CAn you inform these people I am their dumping ground!!!!

I also wanted to grab, but was too late.... the 14.5 deal was the price between dealers, the original owner probably sold it for around 13k to the first dealer...when there is a market downturn, some people who cannot hold start to dump their watches....

Comment

um....... point noted

CAn you inform these people I am their dumping ground!!!!
                        hahaha

By the way, if you want to pick liulian, you must squat long long under the tree you know.... hahaha

Comment

reborn, good point. i am gg to stop my watch purchase for quite a while and park my resources into certain stocks. perhaps in a couple of yrs hopefully can hv some good returns
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

market may continue to be turbulent

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                            reborn, good point. i am gg to stop my watch purchase for quite a while and park my resources into certain stocks. perhaps in a couple of yrs hopefully can hv some good returns

I was considering SGX shares weeks ago when it dropped to 6 something. Luckily didn't buy....
                            Last edited by Reborn; 17-09-08, 12:39 AM.

Comment

If you compare with DJ and SGX, DJ stocks are more of a bargain now... I think there is still room for lower prices for SGX, esp banking sector.... be careful....

I was considering SGX shares weeks ago when it dropped to 6 something. Luckily didn't buy....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X