Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade or not

Hi all senior

Been wearing sub non-date almost a year. dont know why find that the watch a bit small on my wrist. My wrist around 7.2 inch.

Been thinking of upgrade to DSSD once and for all and stop my watch grazing/fantasy/poison.....including coming to this site

Here are my enquiries hoping brothers will give me some pointer

1) should i sell my sub non-date and upgrade DSSD? (worry i may regret one day)
    2) other than big and chunky with date, what is other good point on DSSD compare with sud non date? (anything i miss out)
    3)been told that sub non date going to discontinue is that so? if yes, then dont sell liao
    4) is sub non-date really small for me or i just find another excuse for myself? (need honest answer)
    thanks

If you feel it's abit small...time to upgrade to DSSD. But oh 1 thing for sure...it won't stop your watch grazing/fantasy/poison and coming to sgroc.

Hahaha...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

With no prior knowledge how big/small your wrist may be, it is quite difficult to answer your questions. Let me try anyhow:

1) Don't sell. You are likely going to regret you did.
      2) Aesthetically, I do not find the Submariner any less appealing than the DSSD.
      3) I have heard not so but it beats me that a watch shop recently, in selling its Submariner ND ('V' series, new) actually stated it's been "discontinued" .
      4) Yes, it is just another excuse for you to buy another watch. TRUST me .
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

major difference in terms technical aspect is helium valve.

difference in other areas

1) Date/ No Date
        2) resizing of the bracelet
        3) diving depth

the list goes on.

i would say Sub ND will undergo a facelit, whether or not it will be discontinued, i can't say for sure. why? most of the other models in the sport series has undergone some form of transformation. from having bigger case to aesthetics to different models etc.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

already mentioned about wrist size, so you can 'guesstimate' or estimate by measuring your wrist size. :-)

Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
          Hi all senior
          My wrist around 7.2 inch.
          Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          With no prior knowledge how big/small your wrist may be, it is quite difficult to answer your questions.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

just a side note. I don think its very comfortable to be wearing a heavy chunk of steel on the wrist daily. . of course, this is pretty subjective tho.

btw, how do you generally dress daily? the DSSD might not fit nicely under most off the shelf cuffs.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thank sfor all your reply

Nowadays, due to the climate, I change to shortselvees. That why, I realise how "small" the watch is... ...

Can I ask the those bro who own DSSD, due to chunkiness, does the watch always "slide" down no mather how tight you adjust the bracelet?

Someone tried to trade me a used "V" series DSSD plus I top up another 5k (nego slightly) to him.. There are no major scratches on his watch (seen already). As I do not know the used price for DSSD in mkt, do you think is worth it or shall I reserve the money and buy another model? (new expII) see I posion myself again

Comment

I think a brand new DSSD costs $13K+ from a local AD. It depends on the age of the 'V' series DSSD that you are talking about and of course, its condition. A pre-owned DSSD in good (& above) condition that comes in full set should costs you between $9K & $10K, thereabout. Whether its worth your purchase is solely your choice. The new Explorer II is nice
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
                  Been wearing sub non-date almost a year. dont know why find that the watch a bit small on my wrist. My wrist around 7.2 inch.

Been thinking of upgrade to DSSD once and for all and stop my watch grazing/fantasy/poison.....including coming to this site

4) is sub non-date really small for me or i just find another excuse for myself? (need honest answer)
                  the watch is not too small for you. it's in your mind. i have seen many many ang mohs wearing 33mm and 34mm watches... perfectly fine. we also see many men in singapore wearing boy sized rolex. not too small either. so a sub is gonna be fine for your 7.25 wrist UNLESS you have built like arnie... then i think you should go for the dssd.

there is no way to stop your poison when it has started. but sometimes... it's good to channel it elsewhere... i'm back into fountain pens now, and they are much cheaper than watches. also easier to keep from my wife's eyes...

if i had a ND sub chronometer, i would keep it... not for anything else but because it reminds me of the 5512. for you... you should do whatever you like. don't regret it... life's too short! (and there are too many ND subs out there)
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X