Submariner or deepsea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Tried on the DSSD at the AD today, and holy s*** it's thick! I can deal with the weight, but the watch rides way too high on the wrist.

The AD was telling me it will "eventually grow on you". I'm not so sure it will, in fact I'm more concerned about the sheer weight and thickness wearing off me over time and having to put it on sale after about a year. Will look to the older 16600 model instead. YMMV.
    i agreed. i am waiting for the next new launch for thinner depth for dssd

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
      i agreed. i am waiting for the next new launch for thinner depth for dssd
      DSSD is a new model, i don't think rolex will launch another new model so soon.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      A Crown for Every Achievement
      Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
        Tried on the DSSD at the AD today, and holy s*** it's thick! I can deal with the weight, but the watch rides way too high on the wrist.

The AD was telling me it will "eventually grow on you". I'm not so sure it will, in fact I'm more concerned about the sheer weight and thickness wearing off me over time and having to put it on sale after about a year. Will look to the older 16600 model instead. YMMV.
        After trying the new exp II, came to the same conclusion. Just bought a 16600 from a dealer in HK. The price difeference between the lug holes and non lug hole version is about $1k.

Comment

I just bought my DSSD and enjoying it every moment. the weight and the thickness is simply fantastic.. i just cant take my eye off it.. because my wrist is kind of big so the DSSD simply fits well

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanchia View Post
            I just bought my DSSD and enjoying it every moment. the weight and the thickness is simply fantastic.. i just cant take my eye off it.. because my wrist is kind of big so the DSSD simply fits well
            Same.. It's good right
            ROLEX.

Comment

I recently took the plunge and bought my first rolex a few weeks back. Was having the same dilemma about submariner vs sea dweller vs dssd. The dssd was out as it was too big for my wrist..

Went down to the dealer and tried on the sub and sd. I liked that the sub sits lower and isn't as thick.. Lighter as well I believe.. But I really wasn't too keen on the 'bubble' over the date display.

The SD... Ahh - the watch face was less bling (which I like) no date bubble and looks cleaner. Sits a bit higher on the wrist but was something I decided I was ok with. Additionally, it's discontinued which makes it a little sweeter knowing that there will be no more models after this!

My vote would be in the order of - SD 16600, sub, DSSD

Comment

I bought the (old) sub 1st then went for DSSD 2 years later - no regrets!
                Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
                Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
                Rolex Seadweller 126600
                Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
                Rolex Submariner 16610
                Tudor Pelagos LHD
                Panerai 233
                Panerai 104
                Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
                Sinn Ultimate U
                Sinn U2 S
                Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)