No announcement yet.

Submariner or deepsea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very tempted to go for the DSSD. check out a few prices, from forum. AD. grey dealers..

but then, my wife reminded me last weekend, say "thought you are waiting for the new Explorer 2", in a tone of like 'dun even think about getting the 2 together'.....

i think i will see how the new Exp 2 price first. if at premium, i go DSSD. thanks for all the good feedback.

Comment

Though I hate to say this but .. ... by the time the new Explorer II comes, the price of the DSSD may go 'premium' ..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As others have mentioned, DSSD is huge and may not be comfortable for Asian wrists.

If you are not one who goes after the "latest technology or features" (read ceramic bezel, glidelock bracelet), I would suggest that you look for a NOS SD instead.

I owned the Sub C, Sub 16610 (which I am selling) and SD. The SD is a different animal from the 16610 Sub, both in terms of weight and appearance. The weight of the SD can be felt on the wrist. The cyclop-less sapphire crystal makes it a much sportier and cleaner watch IMO.

Comment

I preferred Submariner or even better will be Sea-Dweller. Deep sea is too bulky.

Comment

I have the same dilemma on getting a sub c or dssd. I owned 3 sds in the past with the usual flipper exercise. Lol. Although I have a relatively small wrist, my love for the dssd is still around and it has been smiling at me all these while. The sub c hulk has been smiling hard at me as well. Damn! Wife says green green green .. But I am thinking of big big big... I am still considering till now while wearing my daily beater 18239. Argh... Life is tough and full of poisons. Haha... Anyway, enjoy.
            Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Deep Sea for me too!

Comment

i would like to have a deepsea too,but my wrist is abit small and when i tried wearing it,it looks abit too big for me.
                So in the end i got a submariner instead.
                but i have to say that the deepsea is really also a very nice watch.

Comment

Deep sea all the way. The bigger, the better!

Comment

I was in this dilemma too and my solution to this -

Get Both...hehehe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    My Collection -

Rolex Submariner 16610LV (M series)

Rolex Submariner 116610LN (G Series)

Rolex DeepSea 116660 (G Series)

Rolex GMT-2 116710 BLNR (Alphanumeric Series)

Rolex GMT-Master II 116710BLNR (Alphanumeric Series)

Rolex Submariner 116613LN (Alphanumeric Series)

Tudor Heritage Black

Comment

any owners of the DSSD with 6.5in wrist?

what is the min wrist size to decently take the DSSD?

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                      http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

i know of a forum member with approximately your wrist size able to wear the DSSD.

you may also visit AD to try the watch to see. why? because then you will know if you like the feel of the watch on your wrist and how it looks like on your wrist. if you need assistance, you can always contact me.

Originally posted by kohym View Post
                        any owners of the DSSD with 6.5in wrist?

what is the min wrist size to decently take the DSSD?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Try with the bracelet sized to fit it. If possible. My wrist size is about 6.5"+ a bit.
                          Love the size as I am used to big size watch.

Comment

the prob about "trying" at AD is you can only hold the watch there and see how it wraps on the wrist. amny times, i ended up with watches not being able to size properly - one link more too loose, one link less too tight, balance both and the clasp does not sit well. you know what i mean.

guess the best will be to try on a "sized" DSSD and see if it is ok..

well i think big watches are ok for me, i wore Tuna, Tuna Emperor and PAMS all without much issues

thanks!

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                            http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I need that 1/2 link too - too bad there is none, so wear a bit loose. Hate to use the fine adjustment thingy, look odds(my view).

If big watch is your cup of tea, u will love it. I should have gotten it when not many ppl like it. Price for a bnib was $10k!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                                I need that 1/2 link too - too bad there is none, so wear a bit loose. Hate to use the fine adjustment thingy, look odds(my view).

If big watch is your cup of tea, u will love it. I should have gotten it when not many ppl like it. Price for a bnib was $10k!
                                Though I hate to wear the watch a bit loose I would say it's good price for a bnib dssd!
                                Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X