Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer II bezel

Hi there,

Anyone knows what is the price of changing an expII bezel?

Thanks.

Hehehe wah this 1 should be expensive coz it's built into the watch if I am not wrong...unlike those which hav the inserts..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Explorer II bezel

Yes, i heard they can be polished and applied paint which costs about 60 bucks. But not so sure whether the paint is the original one they use in RSC, so will like to find out what is the price to change the whole ring.

Public says Bonfield does a good job, wonder how true...

Comment

Originally posted by dutyfree View Post
        Yes, i heard they can be polished and applied paint which costs about 60 bucks. But not so sure whether the paint is the original one they use in RSC, so will like to find out what is the price to change the whole ring.

Public says Bonfield does a good job, wonder how true...
        Hahaha you already paying a cheaper price compared to RSC...so errmm...I would say...dun expect the paint to be EXACTLY the same. It's only paint

For me as long as they get the job done...it's ok liao...

Bonfield...hmm...I hav no comments on this

Comment

I recall on the rolex forums, someone was quoted NZ$215 in NZ so it should be somewhere close to that mark. If you're interested go to that forum and search for the thread.

Comment

Can I also ask...I have seen on older Exp IIs, those from early-late 1990's, the font on the bezel is a little thinner compared to those on the newer ones. Does anyone notice this or is it just me imagining things?

Does anyone know how to spot an aftermarket Exp II bezel?

Comment

yeah. Me too. I thought the edge of my EXP 2 bezel seems a liittle thicker than its predecessors from the 90s. The EXP bezel is made of the same 904 steel as the rest of the watch. Its engineered to be durable and strong, I would send it to RSC to rebrush and repaint mine instead of changing it.

Comment

Explorer II bezel

Hi ppl, thanks for all replies. Does RSC do the brushing and painting? i didn't know...

my exp II is a U series. I've seen a new one, the only thing i notice is that the numbers on the bezel seem on level with the bezel while the older series are somehow indented.

I have no comments on the thickness. Any views on above?

Comment

Yes, it does seem to be the case. Perhaps with better engraving technology, the numerals can be cut more precisely. Also, better and more durable paint can mean that they do not need to engrave the numerals too deeply.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
                    Can I also ask...I have seen on older Exp IIs, those from early-late 1990's, the font on the bezel is a little thinner compared to those on the newer ones. Does anyone notice this or is it just me imagining things?

Does anyone know how to spot an aftermarket Exp II bezel?
                    Aftermarket Exp II bezel? Havent heard of one,I doubt there is...

Comment

imagine how the EXP 2 will look with aftermarket fixed ceramic bezel. It may be scratch resistant but I doubt it is as durable as 904 steel that Rolex uses for the case and bracelet. The bezel on the EXP 2 is machined from a solid piece of steel too. I understand that the EXP 2 is the only model with fixed steel numerized bezel. Accidentally swung my arm into some metal fence..thwang!!..my heart stopped for maybe 10 seconds..I knew I had whack the side of the bezel..took a look at the EXP 2 on my wrist..thinking I'm gonna scratch it, or at least a ding. Whew..nothing there..whew. There, thanks to that solid 904 bezel.
                      Last edited by amboose; 24-08-08, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Explorer II bezel

Can i send it for brushing and repainting in RSC? What is the cost then?

This might need some senior memebers to enlighten. Anyone? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by amboose View Post
                          imagine how the EXP 2 will look with aftermarket fixed ceramic bezel. It may be scratch resistant but I doubt it is as durable as 904 steel that Rolex uses for the case and bracelet. The bezel on the EXP 2 is machined from a solid piece of steel too. I understand that the EXP 2 is the only model with fixed steel numerized bezel. Accidentally swung my arm into some metal fence..thwang!!..my heart stopped for maybe 10 seconds..I knew I had whack the side of the bezel..took a look at the EXP 2 on my wrist..thinking I'm gonna scratch it, or at least a ding. Whew..nothing there..whew. There, thanks to that solid 904 bezel.
                          Ceramic? This is Explorer 2 leh...not GMT II hahha

Comment

Originally posted by dutyfree View Post
                            Can i send it for brushing and repainting in RSC? What is the cost then?

This might need some senior memebers to enlighten. Anyone? cheers
                            Yes you can...prices I am not sure...you may have to call them and check.

Comment

Yeah I read it...that's why I said I have no comments hehehe coz I havent dealt with him before

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X