No announcement yet.

2 Tone Gmt Master II or Rolex Deep Sea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think u might get both in the end. One by cash and the other with installment....... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post
      I think u might get both in the end. One by cash and the other with installment....... :P
      x2,
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

The 2 watches each have quite unique personalities. The GMT IIc has a multiple time zone feature (can display up to three time zones at the same time) by having an independant hour hand and bidirectional 24 hour bezel (with 24 clicks). The bracelet has polished centre links for a slightly dressier look, and had a locking sports clasp with Easylink (an extra half link that can be deployed). Both very, very good everyday watches, extremely comfortable, and not too heavy. Very balanced, and you can dress them up or down. 40mm case diameters

The Deepsea is very much a different beast, much taller and wider as well (44mm case diameter). It's one of the most extreme diving watches money can buy, and beautifully over engineered. It has a domed crystal (a thing of beauty), automatic helium escape valve and a titanium case back, allowing it to be waterproof to 3900m. It has a slightly different variant of Glidelock with an additional diver's extension link, and operation from the outside of the clasp (as opposed to the inside). It's a very impressive watch, but I (although others manage okay) think it isn't an everyday kind of watch, especially if you wear suits. It uses the same movement found in the Submariner

Hope this helps!

(deleted)
        Last edited by Oceanklassik; 10-12-12, 09:57 AM. Reason: Weblink to advertise is deleted

Comment

i own this 2 watches but still prefer DSSD.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

I was recently deciding between a SS GMT2c and a DSSD. This will be my daily beater to replace the current hand-me-down (or heirloom, however you want to see it) - I mulled over it for quite a while, tried both on a few times over the weekend, and decided to go with the DSSD as I preferred the chunkiness and after trying both, the GMT just did not have as much wrist presence as I'd like.

Was almost 99% certain I was heading in the direction of DSSD, however it did not pass my final test - fitting comfortably under the cuff of my work shirt. It was way too thick and I had to leave the cuff unbuttoned if I wanted to cover the watch. Comparing this to the GMT, the GMT fits quite nicely under the cuff as most watches do...

Any of you encountered this problem? If so, what conclusion did you come to - come up with a solution to wearing it everyday with a work shirt (make the left cuff slightly larger perhaps) or go with a smaller watch? Would it be weird wearing a DSSD to work everyday under a white long sleeve shirt? I really like it but I'm starting to think it's more of a sports watch to be worn with say a t-shirt rather than to the office.

Comment

just sold my DSSD, suffering from seller's remorse now
              my experience with DSSD - once you wear it, you wont want to go back to smaller rolex sports (referring to sub c, gmt2c, explorer, etc)

i am putting on my sub c now, havent wear it for a while, looks like a toy compared to DSSD

if you havent tried a DSSD, try it, its the 2nd king of rolex sports
              king shall always be the daytona

Comment

It is not about the DSSD in this case. Simply, it is about the thickness of a watch. And yes, anyone who needs to wear a long-sleeve shirt will have the same problem with a thick watch. Now a DSSD in your case. It's either you fold up the sleeves or wear the watch loosely so that the sleeve can be near-full extended. But I think it is going to cause you some discomfort.

The choice is still yours.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dssd

Comment

As Oceanklassik so very correctly put it - my concerns are how well it will be worn under a long-sleeved shirt with cuffs.

Anyone wearing a DSSD under a suit/long-sleeve shirt daily care to chime in? Or anyone who has made the choice not to due to its terrific chunk?

Comment

GMT II for weekdays
                      DSSD for weekends
                      best of both world if pocket is ok

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
                        i cant wear a panerai 1950 case with thick 4mm strap under my long sleeve
                        but dssd fits just nice - i suppose apart from case thickness, the strap thickness also plays a part
                        I can wear my pam and hide under my wrist most of the times and the dssd just can't ... guess that's one of the reasons I drop dssd from my collection.
                        Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Originally posted by Hyundai8818 View Post
                          GMT II for weekdays
                          DSSD for weekends
                          best of both world if pocket is ok
                          Pocket not big enough... and also at this stage I think it's not practical to leave $12k sitting somewhere from Monday - Friday. I'm not a collector. This mindset could change down the road I suppose, if/when I become so rich I don't have any idea where to spend my money.

Originally posted by ngokyc View Post
                          I can wear my pam and hide under my wrist most of the times and the dssd just can't ... guess that's one of the reasons I drop dssd from my collection.
                          Thanks. Will be the reason if I don't end up getting it as well.

Originally posted by nimm12
                          the fact that a hefty watch doesnt fit under the sleeves doesnt make much impact on my decision to own it
                          i like watches that are hefty
                          if you need something that can hide under the sleeves, get a dress watch
                          Same as above reply. I think having a huge bling watch sit outside the cuff looks ridiculous at the workplace (unless you're 50 cent). Love the DSSD though. Perhaps when I switch jobs and am not required to wear long sleeved shirts most days I'll flip the GMT and get it.

Guess my decision is made. Thanks guys.

Comment

DSSD is just too thick and not practical.

GMT Master 2 TT is elegant and bling.

My 2 cents.

Comment

To each his own. Everyone is entitle to what they like themselve. If all got the same taste then all the guy will be chasing 1 same girl. Have a good weekend gentleman...
                              Current:
                              No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X