Newbie asking abt Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie asking abt Sub

I am very new in watches. I am aiming a Sub w date U series in very gd condition. However, theres no box and papers. Price was ard 5200. Was it a gd deal? Dont wanna ganna chopped since I am quite ignorant to prices.

Good deal! Go for it!

Originally posted by rusher View Post
    I am very new in watches. I am aiming a Sub w date U series in very gd condition. However, theres no box and papers. Price was ard 5200. Was it a gd deal? Dont wanna ganna chopped since I am quite ignorant to prices.

Comment

Firstly where u getting from? I think can still bargain alittle to about 5k that would be more reasonable

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yea... Sub w date lying everywhere. Almost all dealers + the garage sales on this forum will definitely be available. if not, it will float out sooner or later.

U series is more than 10yrs old.. without any papers it is hard to be sure about the condition, especially if it hasn't been serviced before, you will need to factor in another $500 - $700 if you need servicing.

I would suggest you to either bargain it a little mroe to cover the expense for servicing or get a newer (maybe F onwards) so that theres is a few more years before the servicing is due.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Also, try asking around pre-own shops. It'll help.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Also, try asking around pre-own shops. It'll help.
            HOw you know he didn't ask preowned shops?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Honestly i feel tat jazz_samz sub is a very good buy, i actually wanted to get from him but timing was wrong so i got from reowned shop. I think wat other bros mentioned earlier is very true even though i also very new here, but after factoring in the service costs to a >10yrs watch 5.2K slighty high. might as well get a newer version and have a piece of mind.

No cert i would not even consider, just my 1cent. pay a bit more again piece of mind. contact jazz_samz and view his b4 making a decision. i dun know him at all and i stand nothing to gain, but i really feel its a good offer not to be missed.
              cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rusher View Post
                By te mere fact that he mentioned "Dont wanna ganna chopped since I am quite ignorant to prices.". And thre was no indication he'd walked te streets. Was jus trying to sound him out. If he did, then gd. If nt, can try. Did i antagonise anyone here
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by speedy27 View Post
                  Honestly i feel tat jazz_samz sub is a very good buy, i actually wanted to get from him but timing was wrong so i got from reowned shop. I think wat other bros mentioned earlier is very true even though i also very new here, but after factoring in the service costs to a >10yrs watch 5.2K slighty high. might as well get a newer version and have a piece of mind.

No cert i would not even consider, just my 1cent. pay a bit more again piece of mind. contact jazz_samz and view his b4 making a decision. i dun know him at all and i stand nothing to gain, but i really feel its a good offer not to be missed.
                  cheers
                  Actually if no paper when u buy iniitially i feel that it is still alright..
                  Because if you want to send it in for servicing, they will give you a cert and that will also enhance the value of your watch

Comment

Edsonchan, sorry I think you may have misphrased yr post.. If I am not wrong, servicing will only receive a service paper, its not a CERT like the original Cert that comes with a brand new Rolex. Thought I should point this out incase its been mistaken.

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                    Actually if no paper when u buy iniitially i feel that it is still alright..
                    Because if you want to send it in for servicing, they will give you a cert and that will also enhance the value of your watch

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Eh?? Wah speedy, kam tong for your kind words and free advertisement.

Sorry again that I could not get in touch with you when you were intending to dive in on a purchase... that was the week when I was least active in SG-ROC due to bad bulk of flu and heavy workload... not the best of combi for anybody..
                      Anybody keen on my sub, pls refer to my thread and PM me.. Cheers.
                      Originally posted by speedy27 View Post

cheers

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X