scratch bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Like I said before...they hold the watch they know already.no need to open the case actually. Sometimes they open maybe just for show that they are authenticating. Well in the case that you are not authenticating the watch then nope,they wont open

They just dig the bezel out..rremove the old bezel insert.and put the new 1 in very simple. Takes less than 10mins or even 5...

Pardon me for asking...

If I go to RSC, ask them to change the bezel insert, and like you said RSC actually is indirectly authenthicating the watch, then how can I be assured that the movement is genuine...? Although RSC Techs may be very experienced, surely one need to see for one self then can confirm right? Or you really mean they hold it they already know...?

I plan to:
    (1) Authenthicate the watch...and find out the movement calibre
    (2) Change bezel insert (if parts are available)
    ...for my GMT Pepsi

What should I tell RSC to do? Im confused...

Thanks...
    [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by meyersound View Post
      Pardon me for asking...

If I go to RSC, ask them to change the bezel insert, and like you said RSC actually is indirectly authenthicating the watch, then how can I be assured that the movement is genuine...? Although RSC Techs may be very experienced, surely one need to see for one self then can confirm right? Or you really mean they hold it they already know...?

I plan to:
      (1) Authenthicate the watch...and find out the movement calibre
      (2) Change bezel insert (if parts are available)
      ...for my GMT Pepsi

What should I tell RSC to do? Im confused...

Thanks...
      Movement wise,changing the movement is not something that a normal person can do and it takes lots of time. 99.9% of the time movements are genuine,but sometimes it's the parts here and there are changed along the way. That we cannot do anything about it. As long as the watch runs well,I don't think you should worry about that so much.

IF you are stil worried about hat 0.01% chance. Let me assure you that a fake movement if added into the watch,the weight is different. And the sound when you shake it is different. So the moment the experts hold it....they know.

What you should do is just to change the bezel insert and worry nothing more.

Hope it helps

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Movement wise,changing the movement is not something that a normal person can do and it takes lots of time. 99.9% of the time movements are genuine,but sometimes it's the parts here and there are changed along the way. That we cannot do anything about it. As long as the watch runs well,I don't think you should worry about that so much.

IF you are stil worried about hat 0.01% chance. Let me assure you that a fake movement if added into the watch,the weight is different. And the sound when you shake it is different. So the moment the experts hold it....they know.

What you should do is just to change the bezel insert and worry nothing more.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the advice Bro... A quck one: Do u advise to have the bezel insert on my vintage GMT changed? Or should I leave it as it is? There is a very tiny dot on the pepsi bezel insert just next to the numeric "4"

Will changing the bezel insert affect its resale value? Whats your pointer? Thanks again...

[U] [/U]

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bro... A quck one: Do u advise to have the bezel insert on my vintage GMT changed? Or should I leave it as it is? There is a very tiny dot on the pepsi bezel insert just next to the numeric "4"

Will changing the bezel insert affect its resale value? Whats your pointer? Thanks again...

Thanks for the advice Bro... A quck one: Do u advise to have the bezel insert on my vintage GMT changed? Or should I leave it as it is? There is a very tiny dot on the pepsi bezel insert just next to the numeric "4". Will changing the bezel insert affect its resale value? Whats your pointer? Thanks again...
          [U] [/U]

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bro... A quck one: Do u advise to have the bezel insert on my vintage GMT changed? Or should I leave it as it is? There is a very tiny dot on the pepsi bezel insert just next to the numeric "4". Will changing the bezel insert affect its resale value? Whats your pointer? Thanks again...
            I would say, keep the watch as is.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
              Stay as original as poss.. This way the watch "fades" evenly..
              Unless the bezel or insert is damaged
              Thanks for your invaluable advise Bro... Actually I thought only Ang Mos and collectors believe in original faded bezel insert... I thought normally local or Asians would prefer their preowned as mint as possible.

You are a true collector and you understand about collecting...

Cheers Bro!
              [U] [/U]

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                I would say, keep the watch as is.

Thanks for your invaluable advise Bro... Actually this was also my thoughts exactly... Anyway, the bezel insert is not damaged or scratched, the tiny dot appeared naturally on its own...

You are a true collector and you understand about collecting...

Cheers for u Bro!
                [U] [/U]

Comment

Nice Pepsi...

Comment

how about AP bezel? anyway to fix it cheaply? the service centre charge $1K

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X