scratch bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratch bezel

i accidently scratch my sub bezel .what the price if i want to replace.hai.....damn heartpain

about S$100 from RSC for ss (or alu) insert
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

$75...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Since we are at this topic.... Can I ask if anyone knows this....

If I purchase a piece from the garage sales, then when we go to RSC for authenfication. Instead of paying $75 for the authentification, I choose to change the bezel insert.

If they change it for you, does it mean that the watch is authentic?
        Heard that if there is some parts that are not authentic, they will not change even the insert

Comment

RSC will only service the watch if they deemed it as authentic. So if they do the replacement of the bezel insert, then indirectly they are authenticating the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
            Since we are at this topic.... Can I ask if anyone knows this....

If I purchase a piece from the garage sales, then when we go to RSC for authenfication. Instead of paying $75 for the authentification, I choose to change the bezel insert.

If they change it for you, does it mean that the watch is authentic?
            Heard that if there is some parts that are not authentic, they will not change even the insert
            That's right. That's the cheap skate way to go...hehehe

Well if the parts are on the external part of the watch which can be seen...that means any part other than the movement....yes they will not change it.

Comment

oh ****, i should have just done that...
              I paid so many $75....

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                oh ****, i should have just done that...
                I paid so many $75....
                We learn...we learn

I save on the $75...I trust myself and the dealer

Comment

your comfort level different to mine and others on the board. some abit cautious, some abit "loose". up to individual.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    your comfort level different to mine and others on the board. some abit cautious, some abit "loose". up to individual.
                    Hehehe true...to each his own man!

Comment

But do they actually open up the case to authenticate in order to replace a bezel insert?

They can simply flip open the bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
                        But do they actually open up the case to authenticate in order to replace a bezel insert?

They can simply flip open the bezel.
                        Like I said before...they hold the watch they know already.no need to open the case actually. Sometimes they open maybe just for show that they are authenticating. Well in the case that you are not authenticating the watch then nope,they wont open

They just dig the bezel out..rremove the old bezel insert.and put the new 1 in very simple. Takes less than 10mins or even 5...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Like I said before...they hold the watch they know already.no need to open the case actually. Sometimes they open maybe just for show that they are authenticating. Well in the case that you are not authenticating the watch then nope,they wont open

They just dig the bezel out..rremove the old bezel insert.and put the new 1 in very simple. Takes less than 10mins or even 5...
                          i swear i witnessed Mr Lim of Top Hour change the insert of a gmt-II under 2mins. as i picked up my jaws from the floor, i was almost tempted to ask him to show me the whole sequence one more time.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                            i swear i witnessed Mr Lim of Top Hour change the insert of a gmt-II under 2mins. as i picked up my jaws from the floor, i was almost tempted to ask him to show me the whole sequence one more time.
                            Yup....it's very fast...hahaha but I put it at 5 mins so that I give the technicians some "space" to finish up,in case you say I bluff u where got so fast haha.

All you need is a small screw driver...and keow the bezel out...remove the old insert put in old insert and back it goes. I think it's like F1 changing tires very fast 1..haha I say the process of changing insert takes less than a min.

Comment

well for 75$ u get a green pouch and a cleaning cloth ...and ease of mind i guess..coz they open the whole thing up for authenication...

i guess the few dollars change of spring or something only got a receipt right?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X