No announcement yet.

Green Submariner Rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it's rare as most local ADs do display it if they have stocks. However, when I was in HK 3 months ago, I was not able to see it at all ADs, except 1 2nd hand shop which they shot up the price.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
      How can this be rare when the factory is currently making them by the thousands?

No current Rolex model is rare. Some, like Daytona, are fewer than other models, but hardly near rare. Just flash credit card and I am sure quite a few shops along Orchard Road will sell one to you.
      Totally agreed! With cash or cards ready... AD will surely get the watch for you.

Comment

I agree that the various models are available even daytona. At changi airport I was offered one with black dial at 16k. They are just not being displayed but are available.
        His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by desfrie View Post
          I agree that the various models are available even daytona. At changi airport I was offered one with black dial at 16k. They are just not being displayed but are available.
          time n space i guess.. most of the outlets i went happen to not have it.. unless some of the ADs see me no up cos i do look abit young though i can purchase on the spot..haha..

Comment

Originally posted by masschaoz View Post
            time n space i guess.. most of the outlets i went happen to not have it.. unless some of the ADs see me no up cos i do look abit young though i can purchase on the spot..haha..
            Me is the opposite, AD see me very up but I cannot purchase on the spot my cc limit is low...

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
              Me is the opposite, AD see me very up but I cannot purchase on the spot my cc limit is low...
              Ha. Ha. Me too. I dress nice in shirt and pants but cannot afford.
              I remember going to THG and checking out a $10k watch. Was asking about discounts and whether can spilt payment with 2 credit cards, then a young guy in T shirt with a chio bu bought a Frank Muller worth 20k with cash for the girl. Plus, didn't even ask for discount. The salesman serving me must be bang he didn't serve that young chap instead.

Comment

I remember going to THG and checking out a $10k watch. Was asking about discounts and whether can spilt payment with 2 credit cards, then a young guy in T shirt with a chio bu bought a Frank Muller worth 20k with cash for the girl. Plus, didn't even ask for discount. The salesman serving me must be bang he didn't serve that young chap instead.

Hee hee, me too, also use 2 credit card for my Pam 351 then. Ha ha.
                (Anyway, same price at THG for Pam, regardless of the payment mode).

Well, i always believe that if we work hard to earn it, we shall cherish it more.
                I have always live myself to the limit in things I do.
                My humble beginning:
                Ball - Conductor (SE), Rolex - Green Sub LV (Alpha-numeric series), Omega - PO XL & Pam - 351 (M-series)

Dream watch:
                It is a tough choice between IWC IW500114 and IW500109.
                [url]http://www.iwcportugieser.com/en/[/url]
                [url]http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/portuguese/IW5001/[/url]

Comment

Yes, bring out the cash and they'll look into their safes for you. ADs are not averse to taking a hot or discontinued piece and keeping it in the safe for awhile, and then bring it out again...

I quite like the design of FM, but the whole history of the brand and how things went awry stops me from pulling the trigger. Well, that and the whole ETA thing (not so much ETA itself, which seems to produce very reliable movements, but spending so much on a ETA-based piece) and that I don't think I'll be very good at incorporating it within the wardrobe/workplace. I think very good deals are to be had on FM in the AD sales. At least 50% off and up to 70% (or above?) on some models.

Comment

I think it is rare for people to wear it daily. The main reason is that the design is loud: a watch with all green dial and bezel and stainless steel bracelet makes it challenging to match clothes.

Production-wise, it is certainly not a limited run and can be easily found in the ADs. Whether it is worth buying depends on your sense of value. For some people, anything about $50 for an device to tell date and time precisely is a waste of money and they are right accordingly to their value system.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                      Firstly, it is not rare... It can be easily found from the garage here... Next, is u urself think whether the watch worth this type of pricing... If u think it is then buy lor, if not wait for a few more month n pray the price will go back to listed as the watch is still new, so it is being sold at a premium price....
                      any guideline on what should be the regular price??
                      iam interested in getting this watch and asked a few ADs..
                      most of them said no stock but only 1 got stock and quoted me quite high imo...

Originally posted by masschaoz View Post
                      what i meant was wld it be like the SS daytona, difficult to find brand new.. anyway i just gotten the 116610 LV today at hr glass..
                      hi,care to share how much you got yours??
                      you can also PM me your price and which outlet...thanks..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X