GMT Master II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    unlikely. RSC will take back the one you change it from.

And they claim you need tools to change it and that it may compromise the water tightness if you do it yourself. On this point I'm not sure they're telling the whole story because when I changed SD insert they said they test for water tightness...

but then later they had to change the crystal for me, and forgot to change the insert. When I pointed it out , they changed it within 15mins and said they didn't need to check water tightness .. so dunno.

On GMT-I , the GMT hand should show GMT time and trails the main hour hand. It is not decouplable like GMT-II. The advantage is that the date is quickset, unlike GMT-II where the hour hand goes two rounds to change ONE day.

If you are buying to use, consider GMT-II 16710 instead. It's 25% cheaper than the 16750 these days.
    i plan to use for a while, and flip for another watch that takes my fancy. so i need something that can be easily sold . pay a little bit more ok, but need to be practical and easy to get rid.

i can live with the date being non quickset, since the 12hr hand jumps in 1hr increments i dont mind,

16710 does that come with lug holes? i would prefer something with no lug holes.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Late 16710 does not come with lug holes... from "F" series I *think* , or later. My Z-series piece does not have.

You can find the info somewhere on the web.

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        wow... so if i change 3 times, it will cost me S$240 and nothing to show for it. ... kinda sucks. i see in the US, many people seem to get their hands on the alu bezel.
        what is alu bezel?
        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
        Tag Heuer Formula 1
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
        Rolex GMT II 16710
        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

• Originally posted by evets View Post
          what is alu bezel?
          alu bezel = aluminium bezel inserts. It is a metal that Rolex used for the GMT mater, submariner, SD.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• hi everyone,

i am a total noob when it comes to rolex. however i have a question about the gmt master 2.
            in the past, i always thought that the newest series of a particular model will cost the most in the 2nd hand market (as they are usually only few years old). it has come to my knowledge through the forums here that some older watches of the same model is actually more expensive than the later series one. why is that so? (e.g. an older series gmt master 2 more expensive than a newer series gmt master 2).

can someone also tell me what is the approximate price for a 1995 gmt master 2?

thanks very much.

Comment

• GMT Master IIc

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
              $7444 is the list price for the old GMT right? what abt the new list price for the GMT then? If the list price for the new GMT is 9k+, i dun mind paying 10k+ premium.
              Bought mine on impulse at Geneva mid Sep 08, still unwear with box and warranty card, letting go at 10k, you keen? email me at ptcaca@yahoo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                if you want to collect, then go for the circa 99.

if u intend to flip, then brand new since you getting @ a decent price i would say.
                What do you mean by circa 99 and any difference compared to the rest?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X