Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Tightness when setting time

Hi guys,

As mention above, I recently took out my dad two tone (ss with yellow gold) sub to wear. My dad has kept it in his closet for nearly 2 months. I did the usual, hand wind, let the watch set before setting the time.

On the 3rd click with the 'hacker' in place, there is a unsual tightness when I try to set the time. A huge resistence in both direction and thus not allowing me to set the time at all. but after screwing the crown back. watch ticks on normally.

any expert view on what is going on with the watch and advise what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

I had a similar problem like this and was told that either the gasket had worn or that the silicone lubricant within the winding mechanism was non-existent. After having it sent in for a service, all was fine and dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
      I had a similar problem like this and was told that either the gasket had worn or that the silicone lubricant within the winding mechanism was non-existent. After having it sent in for a service, all was fine and dandy.
      Hi ken, thanks for the quick reply.
      Well, I guess it's time to send in for service. I had a shock after speaking to my dad.
      He has not service the watch ever since he brought it and that's about 16 yrs!!!!
      How much was the cost for service?

Comment

Originally posted by yong5 View Post
        Hi ken, thanks for the quick reply.
        Well, I guess it's time to send in for service. I had a shock after speaking to my dad.
        He has not service the watch ever since he brought it and that's about 16 yrs!!!!
        How much was the cost for service?
        Rolex Watches are very lasting. The startup price for servicing jumps from S$730 onwards and comes with 2 years warranty.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

sport models start from 790 i think...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks guys for the reply!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse