My Humble Collection :
    PAM 320
    Rolex Submariner Ceramics
    Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Cos the Gs always Guarantees a high...
      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Juz went to check hourglass today, spoke to the salesman and he said explorer 2 current model stock will be stopped very soon. No buyer for the current series new exp2 as everyone is waiting for the new model.
        No wonder not many older series expl 2 for sale in the market now. i think everyone is holding theirs and play waiting game as can see from the history new model launch, old model discontinued and price will always go up significantly. maybe i should start stocking up both the white and black expl 2 now . heng heng can make small profits la..
        you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

U
          Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
          Hi all senior

after purchasing my submariner, itch got into me again and i am looking for the above. I wants to know is there any different interms of price and after sale price. I heard alot of people said that they are going to discontinue... is it so?

Can let me know whether I should take white or black? Will the white easily "turn" colour after long years.

Thanks
          As mentioned by bros here, asians prefer black dials. Same for the 116520 ss daytona, black more popular. However, I prefer the white dial explorer 2, looks more clean cut and the reds really stand out more.

2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
            Juz went to check hourglass today, spoke to the salesman and he said explorer 2 current model stock will be stopped very soon. No buyer for the current series new exp2 as everyone is waiting for the new model.
            No wonder not many older series expl 2 for sale in the market now. i think everyone is holding theirs and play waiting game as can see from the history new model launch, old model discontinued and price will always go up significantly. maybe i should start stocking up both the white and black expl 2 now . heng heng can make small profits la..
            Yes, maybe you should..
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              rumours are still rumours, it is the last to undergo a new facelift.

explorer I has a new case diameter.
              gmt has a new ceramic bezel
              submariner has the ceramic bezel
              milgauss has a new glass
              seadweller has gone upsize
              yachtmaster has the version II
              daytona has a new clasp

so the last is the explorer II which has yet to have anything changed, as such, it is touted to be next in line for some change. and yes, there are cases where the white dial change color. but it also depends on climate conditions and how you wear it.

black or white is individual preference. now, you have explorer II, milgauss, yachtmaster and daytona with white dial. black is all time classic. if you dont like white to change color, then black could be the choice to go. bearing in mind that the black can discolor as well. there is a old 1500 black dial recently i came across which has change color. i will try to take picture of the dial if i can.
              To add on....
              Day-date upsized to day-date 2
              Datejust boy size got new diamond bezel

Turn-o-graph also no change....

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                The current ROLEX Explorer II 16570 will discontinue next year when the new Explorer II is launched in BaselWorld 2011. From rumours, the new model is supposed to come with an orange "third" hand, bigger markers, wider lugs and the new bracelet. Whether it will have good "after sale price"? Well you can use the current situation as comparison, I guess. How's the SD selling now? How're the Submariner 16610 and Explorer I 114270 selling now?
                That rumour only right? Sikali got ceramic fixed bezel, super case, triplock crown and SEL + solid center links but maintain red 4th hand how? GMT2C die loh. Wahaha. No offence hor. :-P

Comment

Still rumour but there are pics of the watch on the Net already. Even few ADs I spoke to mentioned the same descriptions.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Congrats to get the "Rolex bug"! It's common to be "poisoned" after buying 1 Rolex. I have been "infected" everytime when I bought my Rolex. It takes some times to be "cured", before the new bug comes again.

I would prefer the Explorer II white dial, though the black dial is "more popular". I find the white dial is very clean and vintage. Moreover, only Explorer II and Daytona have white dials, so it is quite scarce, as compared to Sub, SD, GMT etc.

In summary, you must like the watch. Try both black and white dial and see which one you like. I doubt the price differs much. In fact, Explorer II seems to be a good choice as rumours of new Explorer will be released next year. Thus the current Explorer II will be "collectibles" soon. Hope this helps.

Comment

Milgauss also got white?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Turn-o-graph also got white.

Comment

Originally posted by P88 View Post
                          U

As mentioned by bros here, asians prefer black dials. Same for the 116520 ss daytona, black more popular. However, I prefer the white dial explorer 2, looks more clean cut and the reds really stand out more.

2 cents worth.
                          I agree the white dial Exp II has a cleaner look & the red stands out. It's already in my radar now as I'm hunting for a pre-owned one. I guess its a easier target now as compared to an AP ROO!!!

The new ExpII pictures are already out in the net, so guess they are not rumors on how it looks.
                          Current
                          ------------
                          SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                          SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                          SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                            I agree the white dial Exp II has a cleaner look & the red stands out. It's already in my radar now as I'm hunting for a pre-owned one. I guess its a easier target now as compared to an AP ROO!!!

The new ExpII pictures are already out in the net, so guess they are not rumors on how it looks.
                            AP ROO vs Exp2 and winner the latter? Omg...wat a comparision. Looks like this thread saved you many many thousands. LOL.

Can point me to where can see leaks on new Exp2...maybe should be called Exp3. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by P88 View Post
                              AP ROO vs Exp2 and winner the latter? Omg...wat a comparision. Looks like this thread saved you many many thousands. LOL.

Can point me to where can see leaks on new Exp2...maybe should be called Exp3. ;-)
                              Ya man, definitely save at least $10k!!!

Here is the link for the rumoured new Exp II, enjoy:

http://precisiontime.blogspot.com/20...ing-rolex.html
                              Current
                              ------------
                              SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                              SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Understand Hong Konger or Cantonese are supersitious and will try to avoid these 2 colors. The white face Rolex as (Bak lo), meaning work and gain nothing. The Blue face rolex as (Nan Lo), Meaning difficult to make a living.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X