Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explorer II white dial or black dial

Hi all senior

after purchasing my submariner, itch got into me again and i am looking for the above. I wants to know is there any different interms of price and after sale price. I heard alot of people said that they are going to discontinue... is it so?

Can let me know whether I should take white or black? Will the white easily "turn" colour after long years.

Thanks

if the dial turns colour you'll be rich

Comment

rumours are still rumours, it is the last to undergo a new facelift.

explorer I has a new case diameter.
      gmt has a new ceramic bezel
      submariner has the ceramic bezel
      milgauss has a new glass
      seadweller has gone upsize
      yachtmaster has the version II
      daytona has a new clasp

so the last is the explorer II which has yet to have anything changed, as such, it is touted to be next in line for some change. and yes, there are cases where the white dial change color. but it also depends on climate conditions and how you wear it.

black or white is individual preference. now, you have explorer II, milgauss, yachtmaster and daytona with white dial. black is all time classic. if you dont like white to change color, then black could be the choice to go. bearing in mind that the black can discolor as well. there is a old 1500 black dial recently i came across which has change color. i will try to take picture of the dial if i can.

Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
      Hi all senior

i am looking for the above. I wants to know is there any different interms of price and after sale price. I heard alot of people said that they are going to discontinue... is it so?

Can let me know whether I should take white or black? Will the white easily "turn" colour after long years.

Thanks
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

depends on what color also.

Originally posted by terrenceterrence View Post
        if the dial turns colour you'll be rich
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

reminds me of a conversation i once had in a pre-owned shop.

wanted to try out a Sub ND and a Polar Expy II to do a comparison. They did not have an Exp in their inventory and discouraged me from getting a polar because "the face would turn yellow as time goes"

in my heart i was saying... if it turns yellow i would be rich already. Cream dial!!! Ho-Seh!!!!!

Comment

The current ROLEX Explorer II 16570 will discontinue next year when the new Explorer II is launched in BaselWorld 2011. From rumours, the new model is supposed to come with an orange "third" hand, bigger markers, wider lugs and the new bracelet. Whether it will have good "after sale price"? Well you can use the current situation as comparison, I guess. How's the SD selling now? How're the Submariner 16610 and Explorer I 114270 selling now?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

imo buy what ticks your heart, unless you are treating this like any other investment. Tried the polar but I bought the black instead, couldn't be happier but its all because im a black dial guy.

As for the price, I was told the blackie costs more than the polar. I am anticipating the new exp2 to be bigger and more expensive, but im wondering how the new bezel will look like or the material to be used on it. Its probably getting a 3186 still.
              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Since u just bought a sub which is black, y not get the white... Then u have different choice when matching ur clothing...
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
                  I wants to know is there any different interms of price and after sale price. I heard alot of people said that they are going to discontinue... is it so?

discontinued next year or not, the pricing for the current exp2 will remain quite stable. if you buy brand new, you must expect to take a bigger hit if you sell it soon after your purchase. if you sell it 10 years down the road, you should be fine. if you buy pre-owned, you should also be fine. (ie, minimal loss)

modern rolex dials no longer exhibit any problems such as discoloration or cracking... there might be some slight color change in your SL plots if exposed to moisture for prolonged periods. this is not an overnight process.

white dialed exp2s hide finger print marks better than the black dialed ones, but some asians don't like white (eg, the japanese) for "auspicious" reasons. as such, you might find some white dialed exp2s going for a slightly lower price, and in my books, it's a better buy in such a case.

a white dialed exp2 is also more eye catching than a black one. also note that newer models have a slightly upgraded movement. if you buy pre-owned, and it comes with the older movement, but has been very recently serviced, you should not let the slightly newer movement affect your purchase decision.

if the older watch requires a service, then factor in $1k - if the price is close to a much newer exp2 (eg, M series with 3186 movement), then take the newer piece. this piece of advice is moot if you only buy brand new watches.

as for whether or not there's a new exp2 next year... it remains to be seen! don't let the new model be a factor in your purchase as it will take quite a few months after basel 201X before it finally gets to singapore... and then there'll be a rush for it... and the price gets pushed up even higher than it (already) will be.

good luck! this "itch" is not going away anytime soon.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Well said. A challenge to my AD when I paid him a visit recently:

He (verbally) CONFIRMED that the current Explorer II 16570 WILL be discontinued and the new version WILL be launched in the coming BaselWorld 2011 (even not during the annual watch event, it will still be in the year 2011). If not, I am going to return my watch back to him for a full refund !

I guess, he better hard.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                      Since u just bought a sub which is black, y not get the white... Then u have different choice when matching ur clothing...
                      Ya.. I think newbie09 has a point here... no point getting another black dial unless your fengsui says you MUST wear black dial watch at all times. LOL. Shops did tell me black dial is slightly more expensive than white but it depends on trend and market demand too. Buy something suits you best ba.
                      Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Haha, for my case I will sure get some other colour than black. Too many watches with black dial already.
                        Blue, green, white..... on my wish list....

Comment

For me, i dun purposely go n buy this watch when itch, i'll consider will i gain in return after buying this watch. For me i'll put more concentration for older models like 1680, 5508, 5512, 5513, 1675 etc. Besides exp 2 is too common in market, whether is discontinued next year, u still can find it in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by watch passion View Post
                            Besides exp 2 is too common in market, whether is discontinued next year, u still can find it in the market.
                            let's hope this is the case...! i recall back in the (mid to) late 90s, exp2 (esp black) cannot be found anywhere in most of asia.

now i'm looking for a pre-owned G-series white dial exp 2!
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

why u must specific G series? what so special bout G?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X