wonder has anybody lost money from owning and then selling a Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonder has anybody lost money from owning and then selling a Daytona

Just wondering has anybody lost money from owning and then selling a Daytona. Looking at how the prices of Daytona increased over the year, I wonder are there exceptions where people actually lost money from selling one.

If not, beside not having the money, I wonder why there aren't more people buying them as it is such a "sure thing".

Originally posted by phillyboy View Post
    Just wondering has anybody lost money from owning and then selling a Daytona. Looking at how the prices of Daytona increased over the year, I wonder are there exceptions where people actually lost money from selling one.

If not, beside not having the money, I wonder why there aren't more people buying them as it is such a "sure thing".
    Daytona price got increase meh? I think it went down quite alot...PI prices that is....if you buy new, chances are you will lose money

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

unless you are taking in at dealer prices, and selling them at above market rates, me think its pretty difficult to make money on the daytona
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I wonder which planet you came from ..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

from planet earth, just with a different outlook compared to the rest of us
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

If I sell now, I lose money.... hopefully 10 years later I will not...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Daytona price got increase meh? I think it went down quite alot...PI prices that is....if you buy new, chances are you will lose money
              Guess it time to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
                That I will agree, rock bottom price now, no better time. That's why I am not selling anymore, price too low,close shop liao . Hahahha

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                unless you are taking in at dealer prices, and selling them at above market rates, me think its pretty difficult to make money on the daytona
                To buy,wear and make money? Not everyday....hahah depends on wad price u buy.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  ...To buy,wear and make money? Not everyday....hahah depends on wad price u buy.
                  You cant have your cake and eat it too! Same principle applies here.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
                    I cannot agree more
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by phillyboy View Post

I am really surprise there are people who thinks this way!
                      Buy a new daytona from shops here and sell new = break even or lose a bit
                      Buy a new daytona from oeverseas (depends on luck and connection, considering time and travel expenses) = break even or earn a little
                      Buy a new Daytona from anywhere on earth, wear it and sell used = lose money
                      Buy a used Daytona from anywhere on earth, wear it and sell = lose money in the past year

So where did this sure thing comes from.....plus you should only buy a Daytona cos you like it and wear it. If you just buy it like shares, you are missing the plot (shares even more sure thing in comparison). I have not owned a Daytona but someday when I like it enough, may get one. A WG piece does look not bad...and agree with many here that Daytona is at a good price now.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        So where did this sure thing comes from.....plus you should only buy a Daytona cos you like it and wear it. If you just buy it like shares, you are missing the plot (shares even more sure thing in comparison). I have not owned a Daytona but someday when I like it enough, may get one. A WG piece does look not bad...and agree with many here that Daytona is at a good price now.
                        I totally concur on the bold..gains from watches, to me, is absolutely a bonus. I buy to have enjoyment over my ownership, to possess a certain piece of luxury precision toy. If I buy it as an asset and specifically intend it to appreciate so I sell, then i am putting my money in wrong places, there are surer and better places to watch my gains, if thats what you are looking for.

So, buy because it ticks your heart as it beats.

I personally believe in the value of a Daytona, but yet to get past myself on the busy face. I happened to be post-chrono admirer, if you are asking.
                        Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          I am really surprise there are people who thinks this way!
                          There are still people thinking buying and keeping a Rolex always make $... A friend asked how much I made when sold my Rolex! Told him forget about making profit & be thankful I didn't lose too much $ whe sold the watch. Siao, who would pay more for a pre-own piece

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                          I personally believe in the value of a Daytona, but yet to get past myself on the busy face. I happened to be post-chrono admirer, if you are asking.
                          +1. Sold all my chrono watches. Luckily not into Daytona else need to save up more $ and having to justify buying another watch.

Comment

I am also a non chrono person. That's the only reason I have not owned a Daytona. The only 1 chrono I have is an AP ROO. Still trying to get used to the crowded face.

Comment

Lets just put it in another way, Rolex watches offers quick turnover if you need to sell and market info on prices are not difficult to find for our comparison.

To flip for profit? Its a tough call.
                              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X