Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    You left one out: On land: Daytona <price varies>
    Yup! How can the holy Grail Daytona be left out!
    Current
    ------------
    SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
    SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by VM7 View Post
      Need to ask.....rolex watches are water resistance or water proof? i think i read somehwhere saying it is water proof? Any expert can verify?
      You are not totally wrong. I read it somewhere that in the past, most watch brands used the term "water-proof", including ROLEX. Then some legal issues arose due to the term, because if a watch is "water-proof", it has to be 100%. Thus, if water seeps into a "water-proof" watch, the brand/watch-maker can be sued. However, if it is "water-resistant", it tells you that even if water seeps in, you cannot take the brand/watch-maker to court.

Correct me if I am wrong. Tx.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I know, that's why I didn't compare brands. I made comparisons within the ROLEX 'family'. I guess, from the many responses, it is mainly the demand and supply factor, on top of anything else. SH1T! I should've chosen the GMTII-C instead of the "diving" watch.. .
        i don't think this is merely an issue of demand and supply.

let's use scuba diving equipment as an example: you have BCs priced differently for each major brand.

the "higher" spec models will cost more - you pay more, and it has more features.

but what the consumer doesn't know is that, most BCs, regardless of "extra functions," cost about the same price to make.

therefore, the mark up is determined by scuba diving company's HQ - the RRP.

rolex applies price control over every item that an AD sells for them - you either adhere to their pricing OR face the possibility of having no watches to sell.

in another thread, someone mentioned that a WG day date costs more than a YG day date. this does not imply that a WG version costs $xxxx more to make - they probably cost about the same.

i also believe, using that same DD example, that YG models usually outsells WG models (do you see more WG or YG DD on resale market?).

now, if we were to apply that same observation just to SGROC market place, do we see more subs or gmt2s (not Ceramic)? what about in a pre-owned store?

with rolex, nothing is as simple as ABC. a gmt2C probably costs more to make than a subC.

i feel that rolex simply prices their product range based on a mixed strategy of demand/supply, image/placement of each product line and, to a small degree perhaps what their competitor(s) are doing.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

That's a good read
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X