New Sub c more expensive than GMTIIc??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigfatpig View Post
    Its all about supply and demand... More people go after submariner and daytona as it's more "iconic" for Rolex sports model... Thus, there is a premium to pay if you are looking to get a subC. Look at all the celebs wearing sub, I personally have not seen many celebs don a GMTIIC or not C. Naturally people would go after sub as well..
    I agree with this paragraph. It's all about demand & supply plus "iconic" status.

A good example will be why a Rolex Sub cost way more than an Omega PO seamaster? Both can withstand 300m, both tell equally accurate time, both are swiss made.
    Current
    ------------
    SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
    SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
      Both can withstand 300m....
      Let me correct this, the Omega PO seamaster can withstand water resistance up to 600m as compared to the Rolex Sub of only 300m.

In case die-hard fans of Omega PO seamaster felt unjust.
      Current
      ------------
      SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
      SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

I think its def to do with supply and demand in order for rolex to come out with such a pricing policy.

btw, Casio has day, date, month, year, stop watch function tells time accurately and doesnt cost arm and leg . should be worth more if we merely look at the availabilty of functions.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Well said Mr Exxondus...hehehehehehe
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I agree with this paragraph. It's all about demand & supply plus "iconic" status.

A good example will be why a Rolex Sub cost way more than an Omega PO seamaster? Both can withstand 300m, both tell equally accurate time, both are swiss made.
            Let me correct this, the Omega PO seamaster can withstand water resistance up to 600m as compared to the Rolex Sub of only 300m.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            I think its def to do with supply and demand in order for rolex to come out with such a pricing policy.

btw, Casio has day, date, month, year, stop watch function tells time accurately and doesnt cost arm and leg . should be worth more if we merely look at the availabilty of functions.
            I know, that's why I didn't compare brands. I made comparisons within the ROLEX 'family'. I guess, from the many responses, it is mainly the demand and supply factor, on top of anything else. SH1T! I should've chosen the GMTII-C instead of the "diving" watch.. .
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I know, that's why I didn't compare brands. I made comparisons within the ROLEX 'family'. I guess, from the many responses, it is mainly the demand and supply factor, on top of anything else. SH1T! I should've chosen the GMTII-C instead of the "diving" watch.. .
              but tht u targeting the EXP II white dial?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

You see, recently I was at a watch outlet browsing some watches. I was looking at the ExpI-114720 (35mm model) and the ExpII. After a brief negotiation, the difference in price between the two was only about $500-$600, of course, the ExpI being cheaper. So logically thinking, the ExpII in this case, was more worth it, right?

And I asked why so to which the SE replied that the 114720 is a discontinued model, thus, commanded a smaller discount. Yes, though it is true (on the discontinuation), and if I have no specific preference over any, the ExpII was a better bet, right?

For example, both models being new from AD, and after whatever discount has been given, if the ExpI costs $6,000 and the ExpII costs $6,500, which will you buy? And mind you, the SE die-die confirmed that the new ExpII WILL be out next year !
                Spot the hint contest !
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Spot the hint contest !
                  Originally Posted by Oceanklassik
                  You see, recently I was at a watch outlet browsing some watches. I was looking at the ExpI-114720 (35mm model) and the ExpII. After a brief negotiation, the difference in price between the two was only about $500-$600, of course, the ExpI being cheaper. So logically thinking, the ExpII in this case, was more worth it, right?

And I asked why so to which the SE replied that the 114720 is a discontinued model, thus, commanded a smaller discount. Yes, though it is true (on the discontinuation), and if I have no specific preference over any, the ExpII was a better bet, right?

For example, both models being new from AD, and after whatever discount has been given, if the ExpI costs $6,000 and the ExpII costs $6,500, which will you buy? And mind you, the SE die-die confirmed that the new ExpII WILL be out next year !

my reply.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Wow...swee swee....so mai tan liao...cheong ar!!!!!!!!!!
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Spot the hint contest !

Comment

U guys r simply amazing..
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Wow, I didn't know by posting this thread can find some Robert Langdon deciphering some Da Vinci code..

Thanks for the clarification, i so sotong, dunno Sub are always priced higher than GMT, I always thot function are more pricey.

But seems to me that the lower the watch can go, the higher the price.

comparing RRP of those with ceramic:

In the air: GMTII C - 9,883

Into the Sea: Sub C - 10,220

Deep Into the Sea: Deepsea C - 13,043

Comment

You left one out: On land: Daytona <price varies>
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

No, you left another one out : In caves - Explorer II = $8,337 (+8% tomorrow )
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Need to ask.....rolex watches are water resistance or water proof? i think i read somehwhere saying it is water proof? Any expert can verify?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X