Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee : Submariner power reserve

Hi all,

Recently just got a submariner Z series. After hand wind for around 40times, the watch can only last for around 30-35Hours. is it normal ? Possible to share what is the sub power reserve? thanks in advance.

The ROLEX Submariner 16610, that comes with the 3135 movement, should have a power reserve of 50 hours. It depends after you had wound it for 40 turns, did you leave the watch unmoved, or had worn it. If this was only a one-off test, then observe it for few occasions to see how it goes. No cause for alarm at this point.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I alway tot 3135 movement got 42hr of power reserve?? U have to wind until u feel resistant on the watch movement then it can get the maximum power reseve...
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

I think you need to wear the watch for a day or 2 for the full power reserve to kick in.
        It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
        Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
        Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
        Jimmy Dean

Comment

You need to wear at least 8 hours a day to kick up the power reserve.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

All bros,

Thanks for the advice. Will try to wind 40 turns and keep the watch and see the performance. Really apprecaiate the feed back

Comment

wear the watch for 1 day to see if the power reserve improve....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi All,

Update on results of the 1st trial. After given a full 40+ wind. keep the watch without wearing it - Last for only 40 hours.

Will do another static trial before attempting the full wind + wearing of at least 8 hours. Will report the findings.

Btw any bros done the trial of winding full and keep the watch to test how long it last ? care to share. thanks

Comment

I conducted two tests recently:

a) 30 winds (watch left to rest dial up) = 39 hours 45 minutes
                  b) 50 winds (watch left to rest dial up) = 48 hours 30 minutes

Hope this helps..
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik,

Thanks for the valuable feedback, with this, at least i know what is the bench mark reference.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X