Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GMT Master II a practical watch to get for frequent traveller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GMT Master II a practical watch to get for frequent traveller?

Hi to all GMT owner,

Are you a frequent traveller and use this watch for reading the different timezone?

Is it practical to get it?

Please give me your feedback.

Thanks
    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
    Tag Heuer WN2111

"Is it practical to get it" . I do not know what you want to find out but as long as you use the function that the watch gives, it becomes "practical", right? I seldom envision the word "practical" for luxury watches, because most often than not, people buy it not for "practical" reasons. You may want to ask how many here are "divers" . How about "explorers"? Or how many "racers"?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it is a very useful watch, especially when you at countries that have different time zone like US and europe...

fred...

Comment

you mean practical to use.

i would say yes.

practical to get. no. casio or citizen better. or iphone, auto set to local time.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

if you travel constantly then a watch with GMT hand will be useful. alternatively if u need to know a second time zone most of the time it would be useful.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have always been attracted to the GMT for a number of reasons:
            1. One of the most attractive Rolex watches
            2. the bezel function as timer (for walk, run, etc)
            3. the GMT function (esp 2 time zones)

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
              Hi to all GMT owner,

Are you a frequent traveller and use this watch for reading the different timezone?

Thanks
              some buy for collection or some treat it as a hobby

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will get one. I was at Koh Watches just now but didn't buy. Maybe will think about it in the next few days.

Cheers
                Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

definitely practical if you actually use it

most buy le but prefer not to wear it overseas (like me ). Hence, most of the time, its use to track 24 hour local time for me at least.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    definitely practical if you actually use it

most buy le but prefer not to wear it overseas (like me ). Hence, most of the time, its use to track 24 hour local time for me at least.
                    Agreed it is a practical travel watch if you are willing to travel with it.

Even if not, it is still a very good Rolex to get. I missed the boat to get the non C version brand new, regretting now....but I got a Exp II which serve the same purpose for me.

Comment

Ok guys,

I have a situation. I won't be buying GMT because I just bought another rolex!!!

Will upload the pic later.

I walked past this shop at Bencoolen and this one caught my eye. I stared at it for very very very long long long.

Haiz, the bug bit me. Keke...
                      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

the gmt 2 can track "up to" 3 time zones; in all practicalities, it's a good watch for frequent fliers as the hour hand is independently adjustable when you get on the airplane or are waiting in the lounge. if it's broken or malfunctions, there are RSCs well located throughout the globe.

some folks in the finance/trading industry use it for tracking multiple time zones locally.

however it is a well recognized watch and by no means a cheap watch; some may not feel comfortable wearing it to certain countries/regions.

others, me included, make sure all valuables are adequately insured before checking in and wear whatever they want, wherever they go.

some prefer getting, say a $120 solar-powered classic 5600 gshock, just for their travels.

the gmt2 is a good durable watch. you'll probably enjoy owning it, but in all honesty, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to get the watch for the sole purpose of "traveling".

but if you're a frequent flier, you already know the answer.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Ok guys,

I have a situation. I won't be buying GMT because I just bought another rolex!!!

I walked past this shop at Bencoolen and this one caught my eye. I stared at it for very very very long long long.

And I thought you just bought an Exp I..
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ok guys,

So fast, what you bought?
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Certainly a practical & robust watch suited for travelling. In fact, I tend to wear my GMT-II or IWC Classic Pilot UTC (on bracelet) when travelling.
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X