Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GMT Master II a practical watch to get for frequent traveller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelled with my GMT Master recently, but was asked to remove my watch each time I had to go through security screening in the airport. My preferred travel watch is Casio ProTrek; the compass function is incredibly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldman View Post
      Travelled with my GMT Master recently, but was asked to remove my watch each time I had to go through security screening in the airport. My preferred travel watch is Casio ProTrek; the compass function is incredibly useful.
      Rolex GMT watch also has compass function...if u point the merc hand (hr hand) towards the Sun, the GMT hand will indicate North if u r in Northern part of the globe n South if u r at the southern part...well if at the equator, 50/50 chance of getting it right...Correct me if I m wrong...Cheers! Rolex GMT all the way...
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN
      Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
      Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
      Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
      Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
      Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
      Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
        I have yet to travel with my rolex... Casio is my num1 choice for travelling.
        Same here, so far only wear my rollies in S'pore. Switch to my Tags for overseas travel

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

I wore the watch to my recent trip to Italy and Amsterdam. It was very useful as I could quickly see what time it was in Singapore at any time. I adjusted just the hour hand and left the green arrow on Singapore time. It was also very fashionable and I found that the service at the shops in Milan was much better than when I wore my Casio.

Comment

I'd prefer to travel with something more innocuous - something like explorer 1 - than to travel with a lot of bling bling watches like GMTIIC

Comment

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post
              Rolex GMT watch also has compass function...if u point the merc hand (hr hand) towards the Sun, the GMT hand will indicate North if u r in Northern part of the globe n South if u r at the southern part...well if at the equator, 50/50 chance of getting it right...Correct me if I m wrong...Cheers! Rolex GMT all the way...
              Just where did you learn this compass crap from?

Comment

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post
                This is new to me!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X