How do you find Sub-C LV bezel color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WatchAdmirer bro,

might as well get it lah....thats what I told myself yesterday before pulling the plug...

cos I wont be happy until I own it...now I am and contented....hence I know the search is over...

Comment

bro,

I am particularly "affected" by your comment: blends perfectly with... skin colour. :P
      never thought of this before

but current price still high leh, must tahan, must tahan....

now, where is my MOPIKO

Comment

LV price

Hi,

I must admit that green has never been my favourite colour. So, some readers may find that my comments below biased.

Judging solely on the colour, I honestly do find that the green sub (whether it's ceramic or not) looks a tad kiddish compared with the conventional black. Hence , it is never to my liking.

Before you decide to go ahead in buying a green sub, let's first look at it from different prespective.

Why is green sub so popular ? First, it's refreshing thus captivating. (is it more beautiful ? I guess to each its own). Green is a refreshing combination and it is still relatively new in the in the submariner's family. The current craze is also stemming from the low numbers of such watches in the manufacturing line (because its' just launched recently). In my opinion, this "fever" will gradually subsided over years as the demand is met.

Most importantl of all, we must also understand that the method in which Rolex distributes its watches has a tendency to make the popular models appeared to be even more popular or "sold out" worldwide. In Rolex's distributorship, all ADs must comply the fulfillment of a certain ratio in each restock - bringing in the less popular ones to bringing in the popular ones. This ratio applies whenever the ADs replenish stocks. By imposing this quota, it helps to make sure that all the ADs are treated fairly - i.e. no one is able to acquire the popular models more than its rivals. If the AD sell one green sub, he must sell many more the less-popular Date-Just etc etc before he can restock another green sub.

If you don' t believe, you can just walk into any AD and ask for the discount he can give to you for a Date-Just.

Therefore, AD can only remain profitable by putting high premium $ on the popular ones (i.e selling close to MSRP or exceeding it) and on the other hand gives good discount for the Date-Just (earning at lesser gross margin).Effectively, this mean that if you buy a popular ones like a green sub today, you are actually subsidising the smaller margin they earned through selling a Date-just.

If the green sub can fetch in good gross margin today, what would stop Rolexes from making more such watches in years to come until the novelty subsides ? May be several years later a hue red ceramic will be created. The cycle shall repeat itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WatchAdmirer View Post
          bro,

I am particularly "affected" by your comment: blends perfectly with... skin colour. :P
          never thought of this before

but current price still high leh, must tahan, must tahan....

now, where is my MOPIKO

Bro,

SubC LV would suit those with fairer skin tone. It is perfect for caucasians but asians with fair skin is equally fine.
          Dark skin tone may overly bring out the contrast of the Sub LV especially the discontinued model.

Comment

If I can recall, the aluminium LV bezel has a flatter green, less shiny but the colour from ceramic LV bezel appears livelier on the wrist.
            Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

jsut a thought. can we swap the Sub-C bezel with green ceramic bezel and looks like the old green sub?

Comment

Can. Buy the bezel insert lor ...
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X