Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy of a 3 month old GMTIIC

Hello everyone,

About 3 months ago, I purchased a new GMTIIC, after having contemplating on the purchase for almost 8 years! but well that is another story.

When it was new, claribrating the time with an "atomic" clock program, it kept time very consistently. Well, now when it is probably more "run in", I notice that it is consistently losing time about 1.5 seconds everyday - regardless whether the watch is placed faced up, crown up/down or worn on the wrist when I sleep. It is of course within the COSC limits of -2 to +6. But i would prefer that it is a little faster so I can stop it.

so the question is, what would you do? should I bring it back to ROlex to get it regulated or just leave it.

your thoghts?

Originally posted by syte View Post
    Hello everyone,

About 3 months ago, I purchased a new GMTIIC, after having contemplating on the purchase for almost 8 years! but well that is another story.

When it was new, claribrating the time with an "atomic" clock program, it kept time very consistently. Well, now when it is probably more "run in", I notice that it is consistently losing time about 1.5 seconds everyday - regardless whether the watch is placed faced up, crown up/down or worn on the wrist when I sleep. It is of course within the COSC limits of -2 to +6. But i would prefer that it is a little faster so I can stop it.

so the question is, what would you do? should I bring it back to ROlex to get it regulated or just leave it.

your thoghts?
    running slow is not fine....get it regulated at RSC for free.

Comment

Ehh... 1.5 sec slower is perfectly fine for a mechanical watch.

Comment

They wont do it for u if it is just 1.5sec... I tot COSC standard is -4/+6??
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

Thanks for your replies. i could be wrong about the range of COSC. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by syte View Post
            Hello everyone,

your thoghts?
            for 1.5sec, imo don't send in to RSC as they may scratch your watch after the regulation.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X