Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yachtmaster II, love it or hate it?

Hi guys,

I've realised the Rolex Yachtmaster II is not a popular choice for many Rolex lovers I have came across. I was wondering why?

Could it be they only come in solid gold models, thus pricey and turning many off?

I've asked a few guys & a lady at the Brewerkz gathering, one reason being it looks too complicated. But the more I looked at it, it seems to grow on me.

So any lovers or haters for this model?

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/o...e18/ym2yg1.jpg
    http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/o...ee18/ym2wg.jpg
    Current
    ------------
    SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
    SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

love the look,design and material used but hate the price.haha
    累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
      love the look,design and material used but hate the price.haha
      Same opinion about the price too!

I remembered asking mslucifer why can't they make it in SS models, she replied since the movements are so complicated, it doesn't justify to come in steel! I guess its true too!
      Current
      ------------
      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
        Same opinion about the price too!

I remembered asking mslucifer why can't they make it in SS models, she replied since the movements are so complicated, it doesn't justify to come in steel! I guess its true too!
        actually all this is down to each other taste ba.one person poison is another person meat.and i think the YM II is targeting at some specific group.

haha i think they are targeting at those people who owns yacht ba since it's called yacht master.hehe.just my personnel opinion.dun quote of flame me.

Comment

To each his (or her) own

I've heard this issue too often. I believe for people like us (who love watches), the love towards watches is unique from person to person. Most importantly, as long as the watch "sings" to you, it is good enough already. Whatever others say is not important, seriously.

There are many reasons why people dislike (or like) certain watches, and yes, one of it that you'd mentioned on the ROLEX YM is the (high) price. Another that I'd heard was it resembled a certain watch brand (not as "branded" as ROLEX). To me, I do not really like its design, but that's just me. There should be many fans of the YM out there, and somehow, it found you..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
            haha i think they are targeting at those people who owns yacht ba since it's called yacht master.hehe.just my personnel opinion.dun quote of flame me.
            I saw at the Rolex official website, they call it "THE SKIPPER'S" watch! You are spot on it meant for yacht owners!

I guess the skipper wouldn't want the deck-hand to wear the same watch, thus only in solid gold!
            Current
            ------------
            SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              There should be many fans of the YM out there, and somehow, it found you..
              It found me alrite, but I haven't found the dough for it!
              Current
              ------------
              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

haha but what bro ocean says is true also.to each it's own.but if i got the bullet i will like to own a YM I not II.the all grey/sliver combination looks good to me with the red hands. cheers.

Comment

I like it too....unfortunately the price is not justifiable...I like the Yachtmaster (platinum) as well but don't think its worth its price tag.....maybe a 2nd hand one sold under $10k....hint hint forum members...

Comment

Not a huge fan of the Yachtmaster 11 no matter what the metal although technically a fine movement.I would doubt that many serious yachtsmen racers would ever use one, they would use some sort of electronic simple timing devise.The Yachtmaster 11 IMHO was directed at the bling market type of Yacht owner not the average race type yachtsman.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
                      The Yachtmaster 11 IMHO was directed at the bling market type of Yacht owner not the average race type yachtsman.
                      I think you are right about targeting on bling yacht owners more than the serious race type yachtsmen. I don't think serious race yachtsmen care about solid gold when racing in harsh salt water environment. A steel model would probably suit them better.
                      Current
                      ------------
                      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

I bet if someone was going to give a Yachtmaster away for FREE, you would all probably change your mind and like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                          I bet if someone was going to give a Yachtmaster away for FREE, you would all probably change your mind and like it a lot.
                          Don't even need to reach the free stage, I'm already trying to figure how to find funding for the YG model!
                          Current
                          ------------
                          SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Prefer something simple for my watch..like I said, it's too complicated

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Prefer something simple for my watch..like I said, it's too complicated
                              Yup bro, I remembered you told me at the GTG.

I think I better focus on the AP ROO Volcano.
                              Current
                              ------------
                              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X