Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Spot on my GMT 2C Hr marker!

Hi Bros

Need some help on this, I have been wearing my V series GMT2c for abt 7 months now and I realise that there is slight discoloration on my 12th hr marker. Looks like a black ink smuge in the centre on the SuperLuminova marker. Is not really obvious, but a watch of rolex standards to discoloralise aft 7 months. My god!!

Will like to ask is this normal for a 7 months old watch?
    What might have cause it? Crystal case not tight?! (Never dive or even swim with my watch, just usual washing under running tap)
    Will RSC be able to assist me in a change for free since is well under warranty?

Any brothers with experience please help!

Thanks in advance!

any pic?

Comment

Hi Bro

No pictures, dont have a pro camera to capture it.
      Iphone cant take such a detailed picture.

Thanks

Comment

can check out with RSC mah...afterall got warr still...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Bro Fei Long

Just dun wanna bring it there and they bull**** me abt it and try to ask me to pay for the change.

So wanna get some advise before heading down.

Thank you.

Comment

erm....to me anything interior is under warr provided the watch has not been opened by 3rd party b4....

The best way to go to is the RSC...pls check if your crown is tight anot...sometimes crown not tighten and moisture will enter....hence it might be mold growing in the dial...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Have you even attempted to approach the service centre before claiming that they will bull**** you? For a relatively new watch, the warranty (if valid) should cover defects such as what you have, as long as the defect is not derived from any fault of yours. You do have the liberty to make a decision if you wish to accept their service at that point in time. So no worries.

Hope it turns out well for you, and do keep us updated. Tx.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by negativecreed View Post
                Hi Bros

Need some help on this, I have been wearing my V series GMT2c for abt 7 months now and I realise that there is slight discoloration on my 12th hr marker. Looks like a black ink smuge in the centre on the SuperLuminova marker. Is not really obvious, but a watch of rolex standards to discoloralise aft 7 months. My god!!

Will like to ask is this normal for a 7 months old watch?
                What might have cause it? Crystal case not tight?! (Never dive or even swim with my watch, just usual washing under running tap)
                Will RSC be able to assist me in a change for free since is well under warranty?

Any brothers with experience please help!

Thanks in advance!

I am afraid this is Rolex's standard nowadays.

Bring it down to RSC and see what they say. Your case might require a change in dial?

I bought a new Sub Date and found some marks on the top of the buckle. Not scratch marks but 2 parallel smooth marks. A manufacturing defect that can be seen under light reflection.

The technician says it is not possible to happen (meaning i was the one who scratched it).

I told him the 2 smooth marks is a result of the steel not brushed properly and not scratches.

The technician did a poor job at first, he did some brushing by hand making the 2 marks even more obvious!!

I was quite mad and asked if i can change a new buckle as my watch is new. Finally, he decided to do some light polishing under the buffering machine.
                It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Have you even attempted to approach the service centre before claiming that they will bull**** you? For a relatively new watch, the warranty (if valid) should cover defects such as what you have, as long as the defect is not derived from any fault of yours. You do have the liberty to make a decision if you wish to accept their service at that point in time. So no worries.

Hope it turns out well for you, and do keep us updated. Tx.

Hi Bro,

Just seen a few threads on the "attitude" I can get from RSC. So thought I shld get some expert view before i approach them. So at least not so easily persuaded that it might be my fault or just "normal" in their perception.

I mean from the responds I get, yeah probably got to make a trip down to confirm what can be done for me and what will be "offered".
                  Hahaha!

Thanks and will keep you guys updated.

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                    I am afraid this is Rolex's standard nowadays.

Bring it down to RSC and see what they say. Your case might require a change in dial?

I bought a new Sub Date and found some marks on the top of the buckle. Not scratch marks but 2 parallel smooth marks. A manufacturing defect that can be seen under light reflection.

The technician says it is not possible to happen (meaning i was the one who scratched it).

I told him the 2 smooth marks is a result of the steel not brushed properly and not scratches.

The technician did a poor job at first, he did some brushing by hand making the 2 marks even more obvious!!

I was quite mad and asked if i can change a new buckle as my watch is new. Finally, he decided to do some light polishing under the buffering machine.
                    Hi bro,

I just pray they dun give me the same ans as your watch! If they are going to conclude that is "normal" or is my fault.
                    Seriously, I gonna be as mad as u!

But thanks any way. Have a good day!

Comment

Good luck and hope it turns out well. Will be waiting for updates.

Tx.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                        It would suck to have a polished buckle on a relatively new watch. I would be making demands to have it changed not repaired. Just like when I had my iphone4, I asked that I get a new phone instead of a refurb; afterall, to buy a phone and have it replaced with a refurb 3 days later sucks.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          It would suck to have a polished buckle on a relatively new watch. I would be making demands to have it changed not repaired. Just like when I had my iphone4, I asked that I get a new phone instead of a refurb; afterall, to buy a phone and have it replaced with a refurb 3 days later sucks.
                          did u managed to get a new iphone then?
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            did u managed to get a new iphone then?
                            of cos. replaced on the spot; but new firmware my jailbreak gone to the dustbin liao.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              Actually i did demand for a new buckle when the technician did a poor job until the receptionist also became panic.

In my heart i knew a new buckle would be very slim chance because they can just polish it off. Anyway, does the buckle comes as a seperate part? I doubt it.

He did a hand polishing job at first so as not to lose too much of the material. I am not sure why he did such a poor job and showed it to his customer. He later suggested a light buffering job to correct his error.

It was the small area at the buckle tip above the Rolex crown not polish the whole buckle.

Next time buy Rolex, check every inch of it. Not just check the crystal.

I suspect there is very little QA done on the buckle and strap or even the case.
                              It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                              Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                              Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                              Jimmy Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X