submariner black ceramic not so hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxico View Post
    i assume you tried out the gold/tt sub with maxi-case... not the previous smaller-looking version.

the dssd is a super tool watch. i think it's a watch designed to take more abuse than the sub. for some, the glidelock clasp is enough reason to buy the watch.

but i don't think the dssd would fit comfortably on every asian working man's wrist simply due to the thickness... although the clasp certainly helps. still, i can't imagine the nightmare of stuffing the dssd under a cuff.

a weekend watch? maybe... it certainly is an over-engineered watch and would suit an over-engineered super/hyper car plus an "over-engineered" babe right beside the beaming driver!

the sub on the other hand seems to be more of an everyday, any occasion watch. more practical (?) for a working man if i may say.

the people i see wearing a DSSD on a regular basis are mostly men of leisure or work outside an office, and are rarely in a long sleeved shirt.

resale-wise, i feel the dssd is less floggable than the sub (not difficult to sell per se; just less easy when compared to the sub).

however if you're looking for a big robust watch (or have a penchant for big watches, since you say the sub is kiddie like), then you should certainly consider the dssd. it's important to go with what speaks to you (and what the
    CO would allow you to spend)!

when released, the new SS sub would probably have little to no discount due to demand, and it will take quite a while before prices become stable.

personally, i find the "current" and older vintage subs to be perfectly sized.
    I own DSSD for a while... find the watch too heavy not practical for work & play " So cannot figure what occassion to fix on" Feel the design to the cold side after prolong staring Cannot justify of keeping it. Out she go at some loss. Just my 2c

Comment

Originally posted by heeheehaahaa79 View Post
      Wow Johnfish,

Great Pics !!!! Fabulous.. From the pics, the GMTIIc in my opinion stole the whole show man.. My itch is swaying after viewing the GMT...

Was at Suntec with my CO this evening & managed to try out both the DSSD & Sub.. the sub actually looks very similar to my Seamaster.. & the size abit kiddie.. Not much presence..

The DSSD on the other hand though looks thick but actually turn out better & gives a more "MAN" look. On top of that there was even a 3% discount without me asking at all !!!!!

How ?? The sales mentioned that the new Sub wld be available in OCT.. So wld still have some time to consider..

Another question for the expert Bros, wld DSSD be a better buy compared to Sub ?? Also its almost 3yrs since its launch.. wld a new version to out soon..

Let me strike TOTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Hey bro, may I know what is the latest list price for DSSD? Thanks ya.

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
        I own DSSD for a while... find the watch too heavy not practical for work & play " So cannot figure what occassion to fix on" Feel the design to the cold side after prolong staring Cannot justify of keeping it. Out she go at some loss. Just my 2c
        you aren't the only one complaining that it doesnt feel comfy on the wrist due to the weight
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          you aren't the only one complaining that it doesnt feel comfy on the wrist due to the weight
          2k loss on parting my DSSD....I never miss a thing no seller remoseful . Glad I did that !!

Comment

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=126642

wrist shots at the above link, including thickness.

watch diameter is 43-44mm.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Dear Bros,

Your kind feedbacks & pics has been most exhilarating.

Hope to post pics of my Rollie once purchased !!!

Meanwhile "Akan Datang" for the SUBc !!!

Comment

New Submariner with ceramic bezel

Any of you has any opinions about the current Submariner? I am intending to get the Two Tone, so called half gold and stainless steel.

Is it a good investment?
                How much discount you can get from local AD?
                How do you feel about the new Sub?

Comment

Get the GMT TT. Looks nicer to me.
                  A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

The TT GMT is more handsome

Comment

Which one? Black or Blue? I own the TT GMT-Master II ceramic with black dial and black ceramic bezel. I intend to get the Blue... otherwise, it's virtually same as my TT GMT-Master II.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                        Which one? Black or Blue? I own the TT GMT-Master II ceramic with black dial and black ceramic bezel. I intend to get the Blue... otherwise, it's virtually same as my TT GMT-Master II.
                        Get the blue, very boring if all the dial is black...
                        Current:
                        No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                          Get the blue, very boring if all the dial is black...
                          x2, cos have more variety, if nt ppl ard us tot we wear the same watch every day. I prefer the old 16613 LB as it looks very nice in its blue dial compared to the new version, but it is individual view on that though. Regardless of the new 116613 and old 16613, you can consider buying the blue one as you already own a 116713 LB which is black in color, unless you really love black color for watches. Just my 2 cents view.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                            x2, cos have more variety, if nt ppl ard us tot we wear the same watch every day. I prefer the old 16613 LB as it looks very nice in its blue dial compared to the new version, but it is individual view on that though. Regardless of the new 116613 and old 16613, you can consider buying the blue one as you already own a 116713 LB which is black in color, unless you really love black color for watches. Just my 2 cents view.
                            Agreed I think the 16613 blue is much nicer man

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Agreed I think the 16613 blue is much nicer man
                              I beg to differ cos I just bgt the 116613LN black dial..hehehe

...love the ceramic bezel,the maxi dial, the new casing...a quick shot from the I-phone

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
                                I beg to differ cos I just bgt the 116613LN black dial..hehehe

...love the ceramic bezel,the maxi dial, the new casing...a quick shot from the I-phone

No lah talking about blue vs blue..the tone...heheee anyway congrats man...i love the solid build

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X