Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should i get GMT IIc in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should i get GMT IIc in Singapore?

Hi all, im from Indonesia and i'm thinking to get my first rolex (GMT IIc) in Singapore. Which store/AD you guys recommend? Also what's the best price they can give? I also saw several used at the Rolex Garage, many of them from overseas AD. Is there any difference in anything when you buy from overseas or local? What's the best way to do transaction with them? How to verify the authenticity ?

Thx

Welcome to Singapore

Hi,

For the watch in question, you may get it at any of the Singapore ADs such as the Hour Glass, Sincere Fine Watches, Cortina, Watch Palace, Tai Hong Hung, and etcetera, if you want it new. Alternatively, you may also consider buying from the ROLEX boutiques, which are located at various places such as Raffles City, Ion Orchard, and etcetera.

IIRC, the list price was S$9,599, and the rate of discount varies from AD to AD. It may range from 5% to 10%, depending if the sales person is willing to give or not. Discount is not likely to be given at the boutiques.

As for what you see in our Garage Thread, it does not matter if the ROLEX watch is a local/overseas pc. The authenticity of the watch can be verified at the ROLEX Service Centre located at the heart of Orchard Road. The fee should be between $75 to $100, depending on the watch model. As for the best way to transact with the private seller/dealer, you may want to discuss it separately. Normally, cash in full payment is preferred.

Good luck!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Hi,

For the watch in question, you may get it at any of the Singapore ADs such as the Hour Glass, Sincere Fine Watches, Cortina, Watch Palace, Tai Hong Hung, and etcetera, if you want it new. Alternatively, you may also consider buying from the ROLEX boutiques, which are located at various places such as Raffles City, Ion Orchard, and etcetera.

IIRC, the list price was S$9,599, and the rate of discount varies from AD to AD. It may range from 5% to 10%, depending if the sales person is willing to give or not. Discount is not likely to be given at the boutiques.

As for what you see in our Garage Thread, it does not matter if the ROLEX watch is a local/overseas pc. The authenticity of the watch can be verified at the ROLEX Service Centre located at the heart of Orchard Road. The fee should be between $75 to $100, depending on the watch model. As for the best way to transact with the private seller/dealer, you may want to discuss it separately. Normally, cash in full payment is preferred.

Good luck!

Thx, it really helpful. If im gonna buy a new one, how about the GST thing? Does it mean 9499-7% if i claim it in the airport?

Comment

Any other opinion? How about the GST thing? Is the 9599 inluding the GST? So the final price is 9599-7%? Need information, because i never deal with this before
        thx

Comment

Originally posted by ramboooo View Post
          Any other opinion? How about the GST thing? Is the 9599 inluding the GST? So the final price is 9599-7%? Need information, because i never deal with this before
          thx
          gst included

Comment

buy at airport. don't need to claim tax.

buy from garage here, better than claim tax. (authentication cost included)
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Let's say im buying from the garage then verify everything on the RSC. What information on the paper and box that i need to look at? Is it possible to get the paper/warranty undated? Sorry lot of questions since im a newbie since this is my first time buying watch by myself

Comment

Last question, i heard KHH at chinatown offer a good price for this watch, can i still claim the GST at the end?
                Lets say im got it for 9500 at KHH, so the final price it would be 9500/1.07?

Also What do you guys think the fair price of LNIB GMT IIC v series? I saw on the garage range from 8400-8900

Thanks for all the brothers for all the explanations, it's really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by ramboooo View Post
                  Last question, i heard KHH at chinatown offer a good price for this watch, can i still claim the GST at the end?
                  Lets say im got it for 9500 at KHH, so the final price it would be 9500/1.07?

Also What do you guys think the fair price of LNIB GMT IIC v series? I saw on the garage range from 8400-8900

Thanks for all the brothers for all the explanations, it's really helpful
                  I got mine from KHH too,after buying get their official receipt and get ur tax claimed at the airport.Trying paying KHH cold hard cash to get some discount.

For pre-owned watches is very hard for us to gauge that if it's fair pricing or not,you should be able to observe on our forum garage for the price ranging from the condition,the serial and the set from singapore local ADs or overseas ADs.

Hope this helps.Cheers.
                  累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Singapore tax refund is only 6.5%... they charge you a 0.5% fee ..
                    Life is easy with directions
                    -----------------------------
                    posting items for sale in signature is not allowed

Comment

I checked at T3 before departing on 12 Aug. Quoted price at 9,238.
                      Met a Singaporean working in an AD in Auckland today, quoted NZD 8,300. Pay and collect at airport upon departure.... little skeptical though.

Comment

Originally posted by Antz69 View Post
                        Met a Singaporean working in an AD in Auckland today, quoted NZD 8,300. Pay and collect at airport upon departure.... little skeptical though.
                        Thats a really good price. If it's true can PM me? Thanks
                        'Faber est suae quisque fortunae'

Comment

Originally posted by Antz69 View Post
                          Is it 9.238 already with the GST refund?

Comment

Hi all,

I'm flying from London to Sing to Aust and was looking at buying a GMT IIc (only transiting in Sing).

How much discount over RRP would I expect from the airport?

I know I can get tax back approx 6-7%. RRP list price was around SGD9883 so after tax refund is around SGD9191.

Heathrow seems to only give tax back (17%VAT). RRP is GBP4460 = SGD9247 so after VAT refund is GBP3811 = SGD7901.

Thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X