Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner - Date or No Date

Hi Everyone,

I have been contemplating getting a brand new Rolex Submariner for weeks. This would br my first Rolex...Yay! Mainly between the 1460M (No Date) and the 16610 (with Date). I like both watches, looks and function-wise so just to help me decide, let me know which you would rather get and why?
    Also, does anyone know which would have better resale value over the years? Not that I would like to sell it since I would be wearing it everyday but I would like it to retain its value. Let me know? Thanks

Most ppl go for the one with date. Mine is without date cos in my mid-forties and long-sighted, can't really see the date without my glasses! So it depends on your preference. Choose the one you like cos you're wearing it and also dun let your friends influence you too much! You're the one who is wearing it day in day out!

Comment

I was in the same position a couple of months ago and it was my first too.
      Absolutely loved the Sub LV and Sub No Date, but eventually after much consideration I ended up with the GMTIIc instead after I tried all 3.

Go try the pieces and see which one you prefer… no one else’s opinion matters after you tried them on…
      Life is easy with directions
      -----------------------------
      posting items for sale in signature is not allowed

Comment

As Diablow says, most people go for the one with date. However, according to a Swiss friend of mine the no-date is expected to be more valuable in the future --> production is more limited. My chose would be the date version (sub = crystal bubble).

Comment

Yah, according to foreign forums, the No Date is more desirable. Most locals prefer the Dat Sub though.
          Oh well, in an ideal world, I'd get both cos I like both designs equally....

Comment

depending on the price ur getting bro

Comment

Ultimately it boils down to personal preference. Personally I prefer my watches to have the date function. But i know of some who feel that the date window intrudes on the otherwise clean lines and symmetry of a watch.

Comment

without date 8775$ with date 10500$

Comment

need help on my watch

i buy my 114060 at 8300 do i kana scam? cos i just saw new is getting at 8770..
                  my was no date sub. 8300 warrenty until nov 2014.
                  i brought it in a shop. how much do we normally get for no date 2nd hand. for this model can help?

Comment

sadsadricky, you seem to be going around to ask the same question. You may read up on the sales threads on this model at the garage sales sections and get a gauge of the pre-owned price. But since you'd purchased the watch, I advise that you let it be.

Enjoy the watch
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by sadsadricky View Post
                      i buy my 114060 at 8300 do i kana scam? cos i just saw new is getting at 8770..
                      my was no date sub. 8300 warrenty until nov 2014.
                      i brought it in a shop. how much do we normally get for no date 2nd hand. for this model can help?
                      New one going for $7.8k thereabouts so yes u kenna scam to pay $8.3k for a warranty till nov'14 one. No point sugar coating the facts...

Comment

I've been looking at both sub date and no date for a few months. Originally wanted a date, but I just cannot seem to get over the date bubble. So for me, decided on the no date (and currently looking to buy one!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mezz72 View Post
                          New one going for $7.8k thereabouts so yes u kenna scam to pay $8.3k for a warranty till nov'14 one. No point sugar coating the facts...
                          Local AD sets 7.8k not possible. Best price is still 8775 after discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                            So 1 year plus sub no date should sell around which range.

Comment

Originally posted by richr View Post
                              I've been looking at both sub date and no date for a few months. Originally wanted a date, but I just cannot seem to get over the date bubble. So for me, decided on the no date (and currently looking to buy one!)
                              No date still Avail at certain ADs.
                              Originally posted by leslie View Post
                              Agreed, no chance for brand new at 7.8k, unless grey/pre-owned

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X