An experience to remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giromax View Post
    Try Watch Arena. Unlike others, Adrian is great guy to deal with. Doesn't makes you feel lousy for sure.
    Great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      It is not just Singapore. It happens at any other places. I experienced it during my recent trip to Macau. Also on my previous trips to the US. Dressed in bermudas and t-shirt, I was ignored at a ROLEX boutique in Macau. And then, I was warmly accepted/treated at a TAG Heuer and Panerai boutique, also in Macau.

IMO, perception of what is rude/polite, etc, also varies from person to person. Each has his/her own level of acceptance of treatment from retailers. I've heard some customers prefer to be left alone to browse around in a shop, while others prefer to be served. So where's the balance? There has to be a reasonable standard of service quality, of course.

So the bottom line is, service, good or bad, varies from person to person and can and will always happen anywhere, not only Singapore, or as a matter of fact, Hobbylink or Sam, but at any other countries/states/cities/towns.

I would be appalled that if these watch sellers think that just because shoppers wear Ts and slippers, they would not be able to afford to pay. Local retailers had better wise up because in Singapore, due to the weather condition, this is the way of life/attire for us even if we shop in high end malls etc. Dont talk about rolex, drop by PML and C&C and even property launches during the weekend, and you'll get to see people in bermudas and flip flops shopping for their next mercs and beemers and million dollar property...

I agree that providing good customer service differs with individuals, even in the same chain of ADs, you can get extremes customer experience...

Comment

Bro, I think sometimes these salesperson don't judge their customers by their attire. Even so, we can't blame them. Their job is to sell. If 2 customers come into the shop, one wears a Casio and the other wears a Rolex, who will he/she serve???? If you tell me the one who wears a Casio, that saleperson is not very smart...

Sometimes bad service is not 100% due to salesperson, customers do play a part. If these customers with $$$ in their pocket (not exposed), wanting to buy something, feel like and behave like a KING (btw, ppl can't read your mind)... I don't see what are the reason why these SE should treat every customers like a KING and do whatever they want... yes, customers are always right but ONLY when you take out your cash and BUY something, then you are a CUSTOMER and those SE will treat you like a KING... if not, you're just another see see look look touch here and there...

my 2 cents....

Originally posted by TTGMTIIC View Post
        I would be appalled that if these watch sellers think that just because shoppers wear Ts and slippers, they would not be able to afford to pay. Local retailers had better wise up because in Singapore, due to the weather condition, this is the way of life/attire for us even if we shop in high end malls etc. Dont talk about rolex, drop by PML and C&C and even property launches during the weekend, and you'll get to see people in bermudas and flip flops shopping for their next mercs and beemers and million dollar property...

I agree that providing good customer service differs with individuals, even in the same chain of ADs, you can get extremes customer experience...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Bro, I think sometimes these salesperson don't judge their customers by their attire. Even so, we can't blame them. Their job is to sell. If 2 customers come into the shop, one wears a Casio and the other wears a Rolex, who will he/she serve???? If you tell me the one who wears a Casio, that saleperson is not very smart...

Sometimes bad service is not 100% due to salesperson, customers do play a part. If these customers with $$$ in their pocket (not exposed), wanting to buy something, feel like and behave like a KING (btw, ppl can't read your mind)... I don't see what are the reason why these SE should treat every customers like a KING and do whatever they want... yes, customers are always right but ONLY when you take out your cash and BUY something, then you are a CUSTOMER and those SE will treat you like a KING... if not, you're just another see see look look touch here and there...

my 2 cents....

Yes, I agree that customers themselves should carry themselves well and not be expected to be treated like king not matter how they are attired. If I am the SE I would also be pissed off with a snob no matter how many watches he can buy from me.

However, a good sales person should not even judge a customer by his attire or anything else. A sales person is paid a basic wage to just provide customer service. It is natural that someone with casio would not be his preferred choice, however, most often than not when you walk into a local AD, despite it being empty, and even when you approach them , there will be some who will respond with that nonchalant attitude - those are the ones that i am talking about which are totally unacceptable...

Comment

ha ha.... understooded... next time, we should wear shorts and t-shirt into this AD and put a suitcase of cash and shout, "I WANT TO BUY WATCH!!!" and see how these SEs react.....

Yes, I agree that customers themselves should carry themselves well and not be expected to be treated like king not matter how they are attired. If I am the SE I would also be pissed off with a snob no matter how many watches he can buy from me.

However, a good sales person should not even judge a customer by his attire or anything else. A sales person is paid a basic wage to just provide customer service. It is natural that someone with casio would not be his preferred choice, however, most often than not when you walk into a local AD, despite it being empty, and even when you approach them , there will be some who will respond with that nonchalant attitude - those are the ones that i am talking about which are totally unacceptable...

Comment

It always takes two hands to clap..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                ha ha.... understooded... next time, we should wear shorts and t-shirt into this AD and put a suitcase of cash and shout, "I WANT TO BUY WATCH!!!" and see how these SEs react.....

haha... I actually faced one of these ADs today that is why the frustration ! every question i asked he just answered a 'yes' or a 'no' and the boy is probably half my age ! should hv gone to my regular instead...

Comment

I think this guy is new and don't what is salesmanship about...

A salesperson should not answer customer's questions with only one word.

This guy got lots to learn to become a GOOD salesperson... a GOOD salesperson can even sell S*IT to his/her customers with his/her sweet talk... in cantonese, "SALES" = "Sell S*IT"...

haha... I actually faced one of these ADs today that is why the frustration ! every question i asked he just answered a 'yes' or a 'no' and the boy is probably half my age ! should hv gone to my regular instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    It always takes two hands to clap..
                    Not really, there is ppl that can do amazing thing wif 1 hand...
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                      Not really, there is ppl that can do amazing thing wif 1 hand...
                      I'm a kind of guy who alway dress down. Whether shopping locally or at oversea boutique. Never been treated badly by salepersonal. Sometime, before we start to blame been ill treat or belittle by them. Best is to reflect on how well we carried ourselve" One can dressup in 3pc suit walk-in high nose. Speaking wif essent machiam ABC " U ask stupid Q > they return stupid ans. Best is done some research b4 attempted on purchase "Simple !!

Comment

well..i dun remember i ask anything stupid at ADs...simply the price and if there is ex-stock...that is all...however,wad i get usually is a curt answer at best...if not it is the usual - "i eat glass all my life" attitude...simple translation is - i am simply transparent to the sales ppl there...

Point to note: it is based on my own shopping experience locally...
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          well..i dun remember i ask anything stupid at ADs...simply the price and if there is ex-stock...that is all...however,wad i get usually is a curt answer at best...if not it is the usual - "i eat glass all my life" attitude...simple translation is - i am simply transparent to the sales ppl there...

Point to note: it is based on my own shopping experience locally...
                          Customer > Me : Hello handsome, tis Pam model got stock or not ?
                          Salepersonal > Sori uncle ... Already no stock long long time . U try next month lah"
                          Customer > me: Oh like that ... Ok lah thnx . Bye bye !
                          Short & Sharp !!! I like it !!!

Comment

short and sharp is diff from a sneer and smirk....or nasty remark..

My case-

ME> Excuse me, this model xxx got stock anot?

Sales> no more stock now..

ME> Can i know when is the next shipment coming in?

Sales> If you want u wait if not u can try else where

ME> Can i know the price for this xxx ...You can go to the ION boutique to check the prices...

WTF...for me this is my best encounter...the rest of the nasty encounters i have decided to forget...
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                              I'm a kind of guy who alway dress down. Whether shopping locally or at oversea boutique. Never been treated badly by salepersonal. Sometime, before we start to blame been ill treat or belittle by them. Best is to reflect on how well we carried ourselve" One can dressup in 3pc suit walk-in high nose. Speaking wif essent machiam ABC " U ask stupid Q > they return stupid ans. Best is done some research b4 attempted on purchase "Simple !!
                              I have not been treated badly before at local or oversea too... Only at this particular shop, whereby the SA take me like a joke... Today say this n this can be done after u return 2 wks later. But after 2 wks later when u return, they say cannot be done due to some xyz reason... Y cant they be straight forward if it cant be done just say so, dun waste my time waiting for 2wks then return empty handed... Not sincere in doing businese.... I think u have to experience it personally to know how it feel... N it is not 1 of those stupid Q...
                              Current:
                              No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                short and sharp is diff from a sneer and smirk....or nasty remark..

My case-

ME> Excuse me, this model xxx got stock anot?

Sales> no more stock now..

ME> Can i know when is the next shipment coming in?

Sales> If you want u wait if not u can try else where

ME> Can i know the price for this xxx ...You can go to the ION boutique to check the prices...

WTF...for me this is my best encounter...the rest of the nasty encounters i have decided to forget...
                                Whaa..Sori to hear ur story I very Heng man! I walk off out fast b4 those
                                nasty comment by them. LOL !! If does happen to me , I simplity code any price way below actual, claim was there & given by ION lah" Let them ink down sale price & put ur name on Q upon avail." Kekeke

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X