Is sub going to discon soon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is sub going to discon soon ?

hi bros, i heard from a few shop in chinatown that sub is going to discon already is it true ?

If you actually bother to search and read here, you'd not be asking this question. Yes, it has been discontinued.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yes, it has been discontinued. And I was told by an AD that the new sub has yet to arrive, have to wait till year end. Could anyone double confirm that?

Thanks,

Comment

Submariner is still there, it's only a newer model replacing the old model. A discon model is something that it will not be replaced, eg Sea Dweller. The new DSSD is not a replacement as it is a totally new model. Hope this helps.
        Current

Rolex DSSD
        Rolex SD
        Pam 162
        Pam 351
        Tudor Hydronaut
        Fortis 24hrs Automatic
        Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

heard from the AD in T3 that there might be a stock for ss sub next week. But officially, most places are out of stock.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

The newer SS Submariner with black ceramic bezel or green ceramic bezel was launched in this year Basel. Similar to the current TT, YG or WG, except it's SS. As a result, the current 16610 and 16610LV will stop production. But as usual, the newer models will only be available later this year or next year. Thus those current SS Submariners will no longer be available as they are being replaced by the newer ones. However, it's so-called "discontinued" in the sense that it's no longer in production but the Submariner models are always available.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
              The newer SS Submariner with black ceramic bezel or green ceramic bezel was launched in this year Basel. Similar to the current TT, YG or WG, except it's SS. As a result, the current 16610 and 16610LV will stop production. But as usual, the newer models will only be available later this year or next year. Thus those current SS Submariners will no longer be available as they are being replaced by the newer ones. However, it's so-called "discontinued" in the sense that it's no longer in production but the Submariner models are always available.
              Thanks breitling 77, for the clarification, and also confirm that the new models will be available later or even next year.

Then, what happen to the existing Sub now? Running out of stock and became very expensive?? or everybody waits for the newer model which could be more expensive ??

Comment

Originally posted by Familyfirst View Post
                Thanks breitling 77, for the clarification, and also confirm that the new models will be available later or even next year.

Then, what happen to the existing Sub now? Running out of stock and became very expensive?? or everybody waits for the newer model which could be more expensive ??
                It's the same as anything else really. When there is a demand for it, the price will increase. I can guarantee that when the new ones are officially out, there will be a premium to pay to be one of the first.

As for the last series of subs, there are already people paying a premium to get it into their collection. Me included!

Comment

I too, am interested to get the older model!

Comment

Its really an iconic model for rolex in my opinion.... Great size and thickness that's always comfortable to wear. I believe the sub should be the best seller of Rolex...

Comment

i prefer the new S.S ceramic...hehehehe..not a fan of the current series...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

New model is already on the rolex website. Check it out.
                        My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                        Rolex Submariner 16610
                        Rolex Submariner 116610
                        Rolex Date 1550
                        IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                        IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                        Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                        Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                        Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                        Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                        Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                        Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                        Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

how much premium?

I am just curious... how much premium would you pay for the last series of sub with date?

I have a Sub with date... year 2000, series A...

pretty good condition except for the scratches on the links due to normal wear and tear..

Hardly wear it now as i travel quite a bit and i have a golden rule of not bringing anything precious when i visit dubious countries...

How much do you guys think it can fetch?

box and paper all in place... was purchased from Chow Tai Fook previously...
                          Serviced once in 2006, but i can have it serviced again if need be...

Comment

Originally posted by pweesng View Post
                            I am just curious... how much premium would you pay for the last series of sub with date?

I have a Sub with date... year 2000, series A...

pretty good condition except for the scratches on the links due to normal wear and tear..

Hardly wear it now as i travel quite a bit and i have a golden rule of not bringing anything precious when i visit dubious countries...

How much do you guys think it can fetch?

box and paper all in place... was purchased from Chow Tai Fook previously...
                            Serviced once in 2006, but i can have it serviced again if need be...
                            for me, I won't pay any premium for any modern rolex released after 2000 (when luminova displaced tritium as the luminous material). it's no big issue if the sub is discontinued. Seriously, there must be millions and millions of mint condition, full set A, P, K, Y, F, D and so on series submariners out there. It has been selling so well. On the other hand, Sea Dwellers might not have that many in circulation as it was often overshadowed in popularity by the sub.

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                              for me, I won't pay any premium for any modern rolex released after 2000 (when luminova displaced tritium as the luminous material)..
                              I fully agree with you on this issue!

I could never understand why bother to pay premium for newly launched Rolex models or even non-vintage models, Rolex (except solid gold ones) has always been an everyday watch.

Unless you are talking about one off limited editions, then paying premium will make more sense. Anyway just my 2 cents thoughts.
                              Current
                              ------------
                              SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                              SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X