Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing Sub Date

Hi all,

Please advise me. I have a 4 yrs old SS Sub Date and I think it is moving +15 secs per day Consistently. Do you guys think I should service it? After all, it is consistent :P

Called the RSC,lady told me maybe coz watch is up for service thus the +15s per day,just to regulate may not work if watch is up for service due to oiling reason. And the price....a blood-sucking from $790 onwards.

In Dec 2006, I overhaul n serviced my dad's 16013 DJ at the RSC, changed case,clasp,overhaul,calender and it just cost less than $1200. Is the major price differences due to the different model of the two watches or simply coz 3 years had passed and that's the new inflation new charges?

Since it is already 4 yrs old, might as well service it and have peace of mind right?
    Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

New charges and greed.

Hong kong RSC charging hk 2k+ only according
      to my friend
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

by the time i service mine, don't know will soar rocket high or not? They double the warranty after service as well so i think not too bad. piece of mind sending back to them.

Comment

Since warranty is over, it's best to be serviced. Moreover, after servicing, there will be a warranty coverage, thus I think it's always a good way of maintaining and prolonging the value of the watch. Just imagine, our cars' maintenance is a few hundreds a year, as compared to a few hundreds for a 5 years for a watch. I think it's reasonable. I intend to send my SD to be serviced and polished after the warranty expires.

Comment

Sorry guys,don't think the charges is fair...more than 10% of my buying price of 7444 for juz servicing? we are not talking about changing parts yet.

Last time they give warranty of 1 yr, now 2 yrs? i rather they charge a more reasonable price than prolonging warranty. To me,if servicing only is 500 or below, i can accept but not 790 upwards for a 4 yr old watch that runs 15 secs faster.

Comment

Lucky me,went to RSC to regulate my watch and they come back telling me that it has been regulated and servicing not required yet according to technician diagnosis. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by ApriliaRSV View Post
                Lucky me,went to RSC to regulate my watch and they come back telling me that it has been regulated and servicing not required yet according to technician diagnosis. LOL...
                Great to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by ApriliaRSV View Post
                  Do u have to pay??
                  Current:
                  No More Liao...

Comment

Nope,everything is free but of course since it only takes about 30-45 mins for regulation n diagnosis...no free polishing thrown in. Anyway,now my watch moves juz about +1 sec per day great compared to previous +15 sec/day.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X