Updated Submariner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Submariner

Anyone keen to buy a Sub, but holding out for the updated TT and SS versions rumoured to be released 2009 or 2010?

It is said these updated models will have a ceramic bezel and glidelock clasp, like the new gold Subs launched at Basel 2008.

I've been thinking of buying either a 16610 or 16613, but might wait for the updated model or I might regret when they are launched.

The other option is the Sea Dweller; Are Sea Dwellers still available?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dsdfan99; 18-05-08, 02:08 AM.

Of course you still can get SD from our ADs. And again, OF COURSE, you are now paying FULL price for a SD as it has already disconnected.

Comment

Has Sea Dweller become more collectible after being discontinued?

What's the explaination, since the new Deep Sea SD has improved ratings?

Thanks
      Last edited by dsdfan99; 10-06-08, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I don't know will SD be a collector's item after it has discontinued. But one thing is for sure is that you will not be able to another piece once all the SD have been sold by our AD. Of course, new watches hv new designs and they are usually more attractive BUT it will usually cost a lot more than the previous model. Take for example GMT, new one approx $10k+, previous model was selling $6k+ (was giving discount when it was not so popular some more...) So in short, Rolex Sport are less affortable in the future....

Comment

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
          Has Sea Dweller become a sought after collectible item after being discontinued?

What's the explaination, since the new Deep Sea SD has improved features?

When the updated TT and SS subs are launched, I assume the value of the current versions will be reduced?

Thanks
          I believe once all new stocks ( which retail for full list price now) are sold out then you are at the mercy of the market.
          If there is a sudden demand in a certain model and nobody wants to sell, prices skyrocket
          but if for whatever reason a model is overpopulating the market and demand is slow the you may have a fair price to buy one..
          **note that i have learned that all rollies hold a certain selling price and never loses its popularity in the market

You may have a chance of owning a seadweller now becos like 116520 said, there will come a time when you have to fork out 5 figures to own a rollie and those that you missed out on buying maybe well on their way to being a collectible vintage.....

my 2 cents
          SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Thanks for the helpful projections Seadweller and 116520.

Is the glidelock clasp a major improvement?

Anyone seen the ceramic bezel insert?
            Last edited by dsdfan99; 19-05-08, 04:59 PM.

Comment

OF COURSE ceramic bezel is nicer lah! All the new Rolex bracelet designs are much better the old one, their look is also more classy too. But the question is not whether the new features are more significant but the price difference. For example, I heard that the new Deepsea will cost $13K (vs. $8k+) You will have to judge the price difference yourself....

Comment

Hey bros, just saw in a local magazine that there was a blue faced SS sub. Is that the new sub ? Think it was new man. Any idea ?

Comment

Thats the one released at Bazel fair 2008 with the Cerachrom (SP) Bezel (wadever that is) . . .

Comment

Originally posted by absolutgary View Post
                    Hey bros, just saw in a local magazine that there was a blue faced SS sub. Is that the new sub ? Think it was new man. Any idea ?
                    Do you have the pic?
                    A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
                      Do you have the pic?
                      Taken from James Dowling's Basel 2008 report. Lists for 15.5k british pounds...
                      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                        Taken from James Dowling's Basel 2008 report. Lists for 15.5k british pounds...

Thank you! Very nice! This is with the ceramic bezel? How to tell the diff?
                        A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
                          Thank you! Very nice! This is with the ceramic bezel? How to tell the diff?
                          try looking at the bezel ( at the 50sec mark )

its like a cutout effect
                          SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
                            try looking at the bezel ( at the 50sec mark )

its like a cutout effect
                            Thank you! I understand liao. However, this watch is out of reach...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              I don't know will SD be a collector's item after it has discontinued. But one thing is for sure is that you will not be able to another piece once all the SD have been sold by our AD. Of course, new watches hv new designs and they are usually more attractive BUT it will usually cost a lot more than the previous model. Take for example GMT, new one approx $10k+, previous model was selling $6k+ (was giving discount when it was not so popular some more...) So in short, Rolex Sport are less affortable in the future....
                              It seems that the aftermarket price for a SD has been speculated at the high side. I have been quoted S$8.8 for a D series SD and S$ 7.8 for a P series. I have enquired from THG, the last piece they sold was at list price S$8.6+. Rolex is definitely a watch that hold certain value. I still remember buying a A series SD at SD5k years back and now appreciated till S$7k+. Oh yeah, I have bought another SD for collection recently.

Sports model will be more popular in the near future.
                              Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X