My first and hopefully not the last...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    BTW, can anyone tell me what 'SS' on GMT-IIc stands for..? Stainless Steel..? (as supposed to TT-Two Toned, right..?). The one that brother Shawn77 is called SS..?? Much appreciated.
    The SS GMT-IIc is made of Stainless steel with center polished links and the side is without. Therefore, you are seeing two tone.

The TT GMT-IIc side links are made of Stainless steel and center links are 18k gold.

I hope I am right...

Cheerio,

Comment

Nice piece!

Thats a nice piece , I remember I saw a lightly used piece weeks ago asking for Sing$8.7k with full box and the card..I think some bought it at brand new as an export price from Hongkong at sing$9.6K, if I had remembered that correctly..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        umm... i thought the new one should fetch around Sin$ 10K. Maybe other
        brothers can confirm it for me..??

Anyway, seeing the on-going price, I am assuming that your dealer is abit
        on the high side..?? (i.e. going for premium client..?)

thanks,
        Mike

BTW, can anyone tell me what 'SS' on GMT-IIc stands for..? Stainless Steel..?
        (as supposed to TT-Two Toned, right..?). The one that brother Shawn77
        is called SS..?? Much appreciated.
        Hi Mike i've tried asking from several AD and Watch Palace, KKH are the few ones with the GMT. THG has it. but price was 11k flat. no disc no nothing.

Though i think i've paid a premium price for it, bottom line is i'm still in love with it. (even though my wife hates rolexes)

Comment

HEhehe I am abit late....

LOL CONGRATS...ur first but DEFINITELY not the last

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by schumi View Post
            Please correct me if I am wrong..

I believe alot of ADs are still selling GMT IIc at a premium price. That is, at least $10.5k and beyond. Unless you are talking about buying from other countries in US, Europe or Japan, you maybe able to get a cheaper price.

There are also some who is queuing to purchase this watch at the retail price of $9599. But bear in mind, this is a super long queue.

No doubt, Shawn77 paid at a premium price but it is still comparatively lower to other AD. $100 may not be huge but still a discount..

Mike, SS stands for Stainless Steel and TT stands for Two-Tone.

Hope this helps...
            hey schumi thanks for consoling me. Was quite sian when mike said i paid quite a high price for it. I thought anything below 10.5 damn good already.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn77 View Post
              thanks for consoling me. Was quite sian when mike said i paid quite a high price for it. I thought anything below 10.5 damn good already.
              shawn... the price u paid is very good liao... every AD i asked is ard the price u paid or higher....

i now every envy u! good choice of watch!
              Last edited by pingpong; 13-05-08, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn77 View Post
                hey schumi thanks for consoling me. Was quite sian when mike said i paid quite a high price for it. I thought anything below 10.5 damn good already.
                No prob bro! Pay at what you think the watch is worth and enjoy it to the very best.. no pt thinking if you have paid at a higher price as no one knows when ADs will reduce the price further.

For now enjoy your watch and start saving for the next rollie!!! As you have already realise, this will not be your last rolie..

Comment

Originally posted by schumi View Post
                  No prob bro! Pay at what you think the watch is worth and enjoy it to the very best.. no pt thinking if you have paid at a higher price as no one knows when ADs will reduce the price further.

For now enjoy your watch and start saving for the next rollie!!! As you have already realise, this will not be your last rolie..
                  Hi Shawn77,

Didn't mean to discourage your purchase price. I apologize if you think
                  otherwise.

Very nice watch indeed.

Cheers,
                  Mike

Comment

hey no worries. Everyone can give their 2 cents worth in a forum

Comment

Enjoy the watch shawn! Good choice for a first Rolex. Price you paid is good in local context, dun worry about it too much.

Are you thinking of your next Rolex already?

Comment

Hi shawn i also just bought my Gmt II C 2 weeks ago at around your price . In fact same agent , but i manage to bargain abit cause i pay in full cash on the spot . I just went in to the AD tell them what i want and close the deal in less than 10 min, so maybe thats the reason why they give me a slightly better price than yours .
                        THG , even though i've bought 3 rolexs and 2 omega from the very same SE , but he only manage to give me 10.8K , after much neg. with his boss, so this time round i boycott them and bought from another AD .
                        Even my SE suggest me to buy from KHH since they can offer a better price.
                        Focal JM_Labs .
                        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                        Cartier Santos 100XL
                        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

yeah. KHH most of the time give a very good price.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner_yeo View Post
                            yeah. KHH most of the time give a very good price.
                            Yes, I totally agree with you. In fact, KHH has another outlet at Lucky Plaza known as Watch Palace. However, prices at WP is higher cos of the rental there as compared to KHH.

IMO, the SE at KHH are friendly and offers better pricing as compared to other outlets. Cheers to gd service from them!!

Comment

Cortina quoted me 11k,no disc and waiting list..

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! A beauty indeed... may you enjoy timeless memories and precious moments with it.

I believe many here who yearn for one but haven't took the plunge are bargain seekers.. kekke BUt come to think of it... its a matter of $$ to enjoy it NOW or maybe 1yr on?? I guess if I haven't owned a Rolex now, I may follow suit.

Bros... any idea hw much a TT version would cost?
                                Last edited by jazz_samz; 07-06-08, 11:01 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                                - GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X