Price of brand new GMT Master IIc in sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnz View Post
    while i think it's good for us all to share our common passion in watches, we should be mindful not to give unhealthy financial advice. because when it comes to watches, it's a slippery slope.. very slippery...

buy what you can afford on cash terms.
    i don't mean to be a snob when i say if one needs to swipe multiple cards or buy on instalment, then one should rethink the decision to buy and either save up some more or lower budget range. i fell into that trap before in my younger days, so i know. it's a painful process to climb out of the debt spiral. trust me, the feeling of being debt-free and still be able to indulge in watches with whatever spare cash is priceless
    X100
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

while i think it's good for us all to share our common passion in watches, we should be mindful not to give unhealthy financial advice. because when it comes to watches, it's a slippery slope.. very slippery...

i don't mean to be a snob when i say if one needs to swipe multiple cards or buy on instalment, then one should rethink the decision to buy and either save up some more or lower budget range. i fell into that trap before in my younger days, so i know. it's a painful process to climb out of the debt spiral. trust me, the feeling of being debt-free and still be able to indulge in watches with whatever spare cash is priceless
      Totally agree.

But swiping multiple credit cards has its plus point (provided it is within your means), e.g. you can earn rebates and points for redemption.

For example, if you got the the manhattan card, swiping ur rollie purchase with it will easily win you a $300 rebate in that quarter. Separating your purchases to different cards will help you maximise rebates and points and help you save a few more dollars for your rollie.
      20 April 2010 - V series 116520 (black)
      23 April 2010 - V series 16610LV
      30 June 2011 - G series 116610LV
      14 February 2015 - Random series 116710BLNR

Comment

Originally posted by 116520wanabe View Post
        Totally agree.

But swiping multiple credit cards has its plus point (provided it is within your means), e.g. you can earn rebates and points for redemption.

For example, if you got the the manhattan card, swiping ur rollie purchase with it will easily win you a $300 rebate in that quarter. Separating your purchases to different cards will help you maximise rebates and points and help you save a few more dollars for your rollie.
        To each of his own. I agree with your point, and imho feel that doing installment for a watch is nth to be shameful of. Its quite hard to suddenly part with 10k of your savings overnight. If thats the case, then should the never never theory be applied on cars, etc? At the end of the day, its how you manage your finance that is of sole importance.
        'Faber est suae quisque fortunae'

Comment

Originally posted by bigfatpig View Post
          To each of his own. I agree with your point, and imho feel that doing installment for a watch is nth to be shameful of. Its quite hard to suddenly part with 10k of your savings overnight. If thats the case, then should the never never theory be applied on cars, etc? At the end of the day, its how you manage your finance that is of sole importance.
          Yes, if it is interest free installment, you also gain on the time value of money. Paying by instalment was never meant to be shameful, but as you have rightly pointed out, managing your own finance is key.

Anyway, this is

Comment

May I ask which AD provide installment payment?
            If installment is feasible, is regular discount still apply?
            thanks

Comment

It was mentioned by another bro in one of the earlier post "thats for full cash....if installment, 9.6k."
              'Faber est suae quisque fortunae'

Comment

Originally posted by Hairymonster View Post
                May I ask which AD provide installment payment?
                If installment is feasible, is regular discount still apply?
                thanks
                most or all ADs offer payment by credit card interest free installments. the only thing is which card they accept. I remember Amex do not have such facilities. the repayment can range from 6-24 months. this is one way to attract customers, cos not not many people are willing to throw all that cash at one go.

Comment

Gmt Ii

Hi,

I got a friend who has a brand new GMT II for sale. If u interested, I can get him to call u. Not worn, authorised AD. Heard he selling for S$9800, but think can negotiate.

If u interested, can sms me at 81832163, Ken.

kTK

Comment

MGT master II

Hi,

I got a friend who's selling a new GMT master II. not worn, brand new. for about S$9600. Can negotiate. You interested? can sms me at 81832163, Ken

kTK

Comment

What does Grey Dealer mean? How is it different from AD (I am guessing it means Authorized Dealer)?

Do the watches from Grey Dealers have the 2 yrs Rolex warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by catpuke View Post
                        What does Grey Dealer mean? How is it different from AD (I am guessing it means Authorized Dealer)?

Do the watches from Grey Dealers have the 2 yrs Rolex warranty?
                        These dealer like to dress in grey when you buy the watch from him... So we normally call them grey dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520wanabe View Post
                          These dealer like to dress in grey when you buy the watch from him... So we normally call them grey dealer...
                          ok... i noe... I'm too lame...

A grey dealer = parallel importer

Their rolexes are generally from overseas Authorised Dealer and they can sell it cheaper in Singapore because of the following reasons

1) Favourable exchange rates;
                          2) VAT refunds from the country of purchase;
                          3) Not declaring GST when importing the watch;
                          4) Maybe some good discount from the overseas AD if they are regular customer or buy many watches at 1 go.

Yes, it comes with the 2 years warranty because all rolexes are covered with international warranty.

Comment

personally i feel that installment is all right as long as u can pay every month b4 d due date. At the same time, can earn credit card pts/rebate too.
                            Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by kTK View Post
                              Hi,

I got a friend who's selling a new GMT master II. not worn, brand new. for about S$9600. Can negotiate. You interested? can sms me at 81832163, Ken

kTK
                              9.4 for local AD if pay full cash. i din pull d trigger cos saving up for d Daytona.
                              Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

I still dun understand why ppl prefer local set. Most time local sets are more expensive. They have the same box and accessories. They need to go to the same place (RSC) for servicing. They are all made in the same place. I'm baffled.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X