Price of brand new GMT Master IIc in sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
    I still dun understand why ppl prefer local set. Most time local sets are more expensive. They have the same box and accessories. They need to go to the same place (RSC) for servicing. They are all made in the same place. I'm baffled.
    save d time to RSC to verify.secondly, can go for installment plan. third,resale value is slightly higher if 1 sell in ROC.
    Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
      save d time to RSC to verify.secondly, can go for installment plan. third,resale value is slightly higher if 1 sell in ROC.
      Would u rather save few hundreds dollar to a thousand than to save some time going to RSC?

I do agree with the installment plan but then again installment means higher price than cash.

Yes u may get higher resale price but then again u paid higher price in the first place. So which means u still make the same profit/loss.

Comment

Would u rather save few hundreds dollar to a thousand than to save some time going to RSC?

I do agree with the installment plan but then again installment means higher price than cash.

Yes u may get higher resale price but then again u paid higher price in the first place. So which means u still make the same profit/loss.
        if pay full cash for a brand new GMT Master IIc, the price at $9.4k. overseas set at $9k-$9.1k+ $75 to verify....diff onli abt 300bucks. what is 300bucks when 1 aldy buying a 10k watch? buying from local AD give 1 a 100% peace of mind.

As for installment plan, no doubt 1 hve to fork out add $200($9600), at least to some, they nid nt part one lump sum....can slowly pay and at the same time, can get c.c cash rebate/pts.

1 thg i notice its much easier to let go a used local set in ROC. the demand for used local set is higher in d forum.
        Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by 116520wanabe View Post
          ok... i noe... I'm too lame...

A grey dealer = parallel importer

Their rolexes are generally from overseas Authorised Dealer and they can sell it cheaper in Singapore because of the following reasons

1) Favourable exchange rates;
          2) VAT refunds from the country of purchase;
          3) Not declaring GST when importing the watch;
          4) Maybe some good discount from the overseas AD if they are regular customer or buy many watches at 1 go.

Yes, it comes with the 2 years warranty because all rolexes are covered with international warranty.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Grey dealers are selling this model for $8900 to $9100. If the cash price from an AD is $9400, the diff between a local set and a PI set is only $300 to $500. After paying another $75 for verification at RSC, the savings isn't that much.

Comment

time=$$$ still hve to spend some time at RSC for d technician to verify! for 300bucks diff nia, nt worth when 1 aldy spend nearly 10k! any1 disagree?

Money can't buy Time!
              Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Sometimes it is the whole package that one goes for, not always just about the dollars and cents... you walk into a local rolex boutique have a look at few pieces, try them on, speak to SE regarding the watches , nego abit on the prices and then you walk out with that watch after a good 2 hours of browsing and good customer service...

Comment

Originally posted by TTGMTIIC View Post
                  Sometimes it is the whole package that one goes for, not always just about the dollars and cents... you walk into a local rolex boutique have a look at few pieces, try them on, speak to SE regarding the watches , nego abit on the prices and then you walk out with that watch after a good 2 hours of browsing and good customer service...
                  that's 1 good valid reason to molest the watches in the showcases..
                  累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

time=$$$ still hve to spend some time at RSC for d technician to verify! for 300bucks diff nia, nt worth when 1 aldy spend nearly 10k! any1 disagree?

Money can't buy Time!
                    Getting from local AD give you a peace of mind lah... No need to think if it is fake, stolen or used watch disguised as BNIB etc....

So those grey dealer need to price their watches very competitively to attract buyers. imo must at least be cheaper by more than $500 before i will consider buying.
                    20 April 2010 - V series 116520 (black)
                    23 April 2010 - V series 16610LV
                    30 June 2011 - G series 116610LV
                    14 February 2015 - Random series 116710BLNR

Comment

Which AD selling 9.4k cash price?

Comment

Originally posted by chalib View Post
                        Which AD selling 9.4k cash price?
                        my ad also offer this price when i bought it during jan this yr.my ad is at chinatown.
                        累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Quite some scary stories abt some grey dealers. However, there are some nice grey dealers too. Buy the seller first.

But if diff less than 500 for Rolex, I would definately get from Local AD! Dun forget the "more" discount in future when u getting next watch.

Comment

Seems like the price is dropping for GMT IIc..

Comment

Money can't buy Time!
                              I fully agreed....

Comment

Originally posted by darrentyl View Post
                                Seems like the price is dropping for GMT IIc..
                                So how much now........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X