Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty free service?

Hi All Lao Jio,

am new i got 1 Q ... I bought 3 Rolex still under warranty itzits free when i send them to RC for service?

If not, what they charges like?

what happen warranty exp?

Thanks

Originally posted by Rolex King View Post
    Hi All Lao Jio,

am new i got 1 Q ... I bought 3 Rolex still under warranty itzits free when i send them to RC for service?

Thanks
    the warranty only covers manufacture defacts. hence, routine servicing need ^^$^^.

unless you sening it in for regulating then i believe its free.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi All Lao Jio,

Thanks
      1.They probably will tell you not time up yet for service... come back after warranty over... Unless watch really not ticking after you "jump start" or "screw" it... they would check repair it for free,provided its within the 2 yrs warranty period.

2.Charges depending on models...can always bring your watch down to inquire for actual quote.

3. Nothing would happen, but just remember to bring along your wallet to RSC and leave your warranty card at home. (make sure CC,cash,nets card in your wallet )

Comment

Why need servicing in the first place when the watch is still under warranty (i.e within 2 years from purchase)

Unless the watch need to be regulated or repaired...then it's not servicing.

Like the other bro says, RSC will tell you service not required anyway.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
          1.They probably will tell you not time up yet for service... come back after warranty over... Unless watch really not ticking after you "jump start" or "screw" it... they would check repair it for free,provided its within the 2 yrs warranty period.

2.Charges depending on models...can always bring your watch down to inquire for actual quote.

3. Nothing would happen, but just remember to bring along your wallet to RSC and leave your warranty card at home. (make sure CC,cash,nets card in your wallet )
          Thanks bro, so i leave all card at home and just bring my watch with me and cash rite?

Comment

Thanks bro, so i leave all card at home and just bring my watch with me and cash rite?
            Don't even have to bring Cash or Credit Card....

Payment is only due, when watch is ready for collection....

Service (movement) should take about one month....

Depends on what you want to service/fix/replace....some could be done within a day.

Cheers!
            [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
              Don't even have to bring Cash or Credit Card....

Payment is only due, when watch is ready for collection....

Service (movement) should take about one month....

Depends on what you want to service/fix/replace....some could be done within a day.

Cheers!
              Wow took 1 mth abit long... will they take out gd part from our watch n replace back part that........... u know la

Comment

Wow took 1 mth abit long... will they take out gd part from our watch n replace back part that........... u know la
                Unlikely, they only got brand new parts... Not sure for those service shop outside....
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                  Unlikely, they only got brand new parts... Not sure for those service shop outside....
                  Yap i think RC also wont dare to do those kind of thing if found out that it mate.. For outside shop i think we have to stay they n watch them doing till end..

Comment

hehe yeah, leave your warrant card in the box. No need to flash it at the reception counter cos warranty period expired liao...no point to show. Just remember your wallet upon collection of your baby.

PS. bro, imo i would not have it service till i noticed time not accurate due to too much time gain/loss than send it in for regulation. Still not accurate after a week ok confirm needed servicing liao...

Comment

Yap i think RC also wont dare to do those kind of thing if found out that it mate.. For outside shop i think we have to stay they n watch them doing till end..
                      But there are still small details that we might miss.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

say Rolex.....

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                        But there are still small details that we might miss.
                        bros, this is what i'll do....camera ready,snap front back case sides closeups hands legs oops sorry no legs but dial. not going for photography competition but "EVIDENCE" if during handling by them scratch any of this. Than i will show them "EVIDENCE"! I dun like ppl to let go "your watch already like this like that when send in" $*#&@$%^!#*#

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          bros, this is what i'll do....camera ready,snap front back case sides closeups hands legs oops sorry no legs but dial. not going for photography competition but "EVIDENCE" if during handling by them scratch any of this. Than i will show them "EVIDENCE"! I dun like ppl to let go "your watch already like this like that when send in" $*#&@$%^!#*#
                          In my dad case, one of the parts is not authentic after service by another person. The screw thread that connects the crown is not original...sianz
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                            In my dad case, one of the parts is not authentic after service by another person. The screw thread that connects the crown is not original...sianz
                            this is the problem when we have our rollie service "elsewhere"...

For our RSC, they steady. They will let us know even the smallest hairline on the clasp... As for "aftermarket" part found when you send it in for chk/service,they will straightaway return it to you not wanting to further examine.

Comment

just my 2 cents

already spend so much money on a watch, and why save money on servicing? unless you 100% sure the service guy can provide 100% service to your knowledge, if not, there will be lingering thoughts whether is any part is non-original.

I brought my Dad's vintage watch to RSC to change the dial and ended a full service and replacement of many parts amounting to $1,000 in 2002. The service personnel told me the watch has not been serviced for past 30 years (which is true), and thus the expensive service charges. The watch after service, my dad loves it, and it is worth every dollar spent.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X