Looking for - I'm stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for - I'm stress

I just bought a Sub 16610 LV (Green Bezel) V series Brand New for $8300. IS it worth it?

I notice the following:

1) The crown is not upright. its pointing at 10am.

2) When setting the date backwards i.e 2->1. When moving fwd, date snaps over. But when going backwards, the date gradually moves. Until i move the hour hand till abt 8pm then will fully change to the next date.

2) when my min Hand is at 35-40 mins and I try to change the date fwd, it snaps over to next day when my hr hand moves to 11pm!! But if my min hand is before the 30min marker, the date only snaps over after the hr hand passes midnight

IS this normal?

Anyone can help?

Comment

relax... a new watch is supposed to make you feel good, not stressed up.

1. Crown facing 10am? Which crown? The crown logo or the crown on the right had side of the case? I do not understand your question.

2. I think that is not a problem whether it flips or roll.. but I heard from somewhere, you should not move your watches backwards.. it is suppose to go forward, not backwards..

3. no matter where your min hand lies, your date should flip over only at 12am mark, not 11pm... this is a problem.

V series should be within warranty period. Just bring it in to RSC and settle it.

Whether or a not $XXXX is reasonable? This question should be asked BEFORE you get the watch... Whether the price is good or bad, it is already no point finding out already. Just enjoy the watch..

Don't think too much.

If you suspect the watch to be fake, then it is another matter totally.

Comment

Originally posted by aircrewman View Post
        I just bought a Sub 16610 LV (Green Bezel) V series Brand New for $8300. IS it worth it?

I notice the following:

1) The crown is not upright. its pointing at 10am.

2) When setting the date backwards i.e 2->1. When moving fwd, date snaps over. But when going backwards, the date gradually moves. Until i move the hour hand till abt 8pm then will fully change to the next date.

2) when my min Hand is at 35-40 mins and I try to change the date fwd, it snaps over to next day when my hr hand moves to 11pm!! But if my min hand is before the 30min marker, the date only snaps over after the hr hand passes midnight

IS this normal?
        1) Its normal.Rolex DOES not ensure all the crown when fully screwed iin points upright. I have one pointing down and another pointing top right.

2) qn, how can u set the date backwatds using the min hand? I never knew sub had this feature?

3) Read this post its normal. Same for my GMTIIc and I did some research, apparently its a normal thingy.

Cheers! only thing you have to think about is point 2 I guess.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

tks guys. So all is normal. Tks. I am worried about the mechanism cos I bought from a local dealer. the agent code is 430 but stamped indonesia. interesting. but at $8300 i hope i bought in good price. the shop service very good. very humble and friendly.

So all is normal lah. heng ah. must buy the watch serial no. huat ah!

Comment

warranty

warranty is 2 years right?

Comment

i have the same issue too.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadboy View Post
                tks guys. So all is normal. Tks. I am worried about the mechanism cos I bought from a local dealer. the agent code is 430 but stamped indonesia. interesting. but at $8300 i hope i bought in good price. the shop service very good. very humble and friendly.

So all is normal lah. heng ah. must buy the watch serial no. huat ah!
                i tht 430 should be singapore code? why stamped indonesia?

anyway, erm, so you are aircrewman as well?
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  i tht 430 should be singapore code? why stamped indonesia?

anyway, erm, so you are aircrewman as well?
                  TS must be too stress till he forget to login with the correct nick.

Comment

he is my elder brother lah,

Can anyone explain why the client no is 430 and the dealer is stamped indonesia?

Comment

I m a curious person here....

1) Younger brother Gingerbreadboy (GBB) is a watch dealer with many watches in hand, why would the older brother aircrewman (ACM) buy from a watch from local watch dealer instead of getting a piece from GBB at a "Brother pricing"? When he has 1 piece in hand that's up for sale.

2) Let's not take into consideration that GBB has 1 piece up for sale, but since GBB is a big time watch dealer with so many watches, wouldn't GBB be in a better position to comment on the price he paid?

3) Gingerbread - boy
                      Aircrew - man

Any similarities you find? Besides the point that the IP address is similar.

4) Within 32 mins of ACM posting that he bought a Sub LV at 8.3k, GBB posted a Sub LV at 9k for sale.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        I m a curious person here....

1) Younger brother Gingerbreadboy (GBB) is a watch dealer with many watches in hand, why would the older brother aircrewman (ACM) buy from a watch from local watch dealer instead of getting a piece from GBB at a "Brother pricing"? When he has 1 piece in hand that's up for sale.

2) Let's not take into consideration that GBB has 1 piece up for sale, but since GBB is a big time watch dealer with so many watches, wouldn't GBB be in a better position to comment on the price he paid?

3) Gingerbread - boy
                        Aircrew - man

Any similarities you find? Besides the point that the IP address is similar.

4) Within 32 mins of ACM posting that he bought a Sub LV at 8.3k, GBB posted a Sub LV at 9k for sale.
                        hahahaha
                        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

I cannot understand the motive behind this at all...
                          hmm...

Comment

Fishy....
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadboy View Post
                              warranty is 2 years right?
                              Mate,
                              I would say do your pricing research before buying, caveat emptor, remember?

Anyways, warranty period is two years when you buy from Authorized Dealer but most 2nd hand watch shops only provide a token warranty period between 6 months to 1 year.

I find it strange that you'd be asking us all of these details when you'd be much better off approaching the shop you bought from to clarify all your doubts ranging from the warranty stamp issue to the coverage period etc.

But to each his own, I guess.

Peace out!
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato