Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new, seeking advice

Hi,

I am from Malaysia. Never own a Rolex, and is in search of one, my FIRST.
    Came across and just joined this forum.
    This is my first post, seeking for advice and comment on this one:

http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/...7.jpg&newest=1

the watch is not quite my type, I prefer vintage, with leather strap. Appreciate if members can advice, if:
    ?? is it real ??
    ?? worth ??

thks for sharing.

Looks real to me... unsure about how much it worth with the diamonds ... some expert here might help

Comment

Originally posted by hflo View Post
      This is my first post, seeking for advice and comment on this one:

http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/...7.jpg&newest=1

the watch is not quite my type, I prefer vintage, with leather strap. Appreciate if members can advice, if:
      ?? is it real ??
      ?? worth ??
      no idea what the watch costs, so i cannot tell you what it is worth. does it come with box/papers? is the clasp original? real oyster bracelet?

to lower the price, you will have to ask if the seller is willing to sell it without the diamond bezel...

some things to note: the date is smaller than datejust (34mm diameter + 19mm lug width).

the diamond bezel may be difficult to sell as it is smaller than regular datejust bezels.

no one can tell you if it's real or not - you will have to bring it to RSC KL for verification (FOC i think).

the watch IS a vintage, and you can wear it without the two-tone oyster bracelet (my sister wears a full size datejust with a black leather strap).

now the good part: the movement in the date is bullet proof. the case looks in reasonably good condition. if you buy it (and if it's real) it will probably service you for quite some time.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        no idea what the watch costs, so i cannot tell you what it is worth. does it come with box/papers? is the clasp original? real oyster bracelet?

to lower the price, you will have to ask if the seller is willing to sell it without the diamond bezel...

some things to note: the date is smaller than datejust (34mm diameter + 19mm lug width).

the diamond bezel may be difficult to sell as it is smaller than regular datejust bezels.

no one can tell you if it's real or not - you will have to bring it to RSC KL for verification (FOC i think).

the watch IS a vintage, and you can wear it without the two-tone oyster bracelet (my sister wears a full size datejust with a black leather strap).

now the good part: the movement in the date is bullet proof. the case looks in reasonably good condition. if you buy it (and if it's real) it will probably service you for quite some time.
        Side track, KL RSC doesnt charge for verifications? dammit, I knew everything in Singapore is bloody overpriced
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          Side track, KL RSC doesnt charge for verifications? dammit, I knew everything in Singapore is bloody overpriced
          i think only singapore RSC charges. it's free in almos tevery country i've been to - the wait can sometimes be quite long.

some more, you get free cloth/green bag after verification! and sometimes got drink/snacks + brochure/catalog!!!

the charges implemented locally are due to abuse of the RSC service by pte dealers and preowned dealers/pawnshops.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

It's anyway worth a S$ 75 trip to the RSC for verification.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              i think only singapore RSC charges. it's free in almos tevery country i've been to - the wait can sometimes be quite long.

some more, you get free cloth/green bag after verification! and sometimes got drink/snacks + brochure/catalog!!!....
              hell no it aint free in oz either last time i went to get my watch regulated, they requested i pay A$100 + leave the watch for one week.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X