Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on Buckle

Hi all..

I've tried searching for similar topic, and also couln't think of a better topic header..so here goes..

sorry first official post here.. i just got my first rolex on sunday night

It's a submariner. I wore it yesterday and today. I inspected it and to my horror, there were much scratches on the buckle itself.. i think it's due to it rubbing against the table when i use the pc during work..

attached are the pictures..

may i know the following..
    1) if there's anything i can do
    2) is this a common problem for rolex buckle?

thanks to all for viewing and thanks for any comments in advance..

It's wear-n-tear. Happens to any watches. Send it for polishing if you must.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks very much

i think after a few days i will get used to it.. it will be my daily beater

Comment

This scratches are common to happen even if you are very careful.Enjoy your Sub!

Comment

you will get used to the scratches if you treat it as a daily beater. , Enjoy wearing your Sub and welcome to our forum.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

this is common,but they seems more than hairline scratches...get use to it,more to come. (but if you really wanna them gone,pm me for polishing solution )

Comment

thanks for the inputs !

it will be my daily basher from tomorrow onwards.. i will repost the condition in this same thread 100 days later

i think we wont enjoy our purchase fully until we thrash it

Comment

Sorry for replying you so late, I was out so didn't get a chance to view it.

Man that's quite bad scratches but,yeah no choice that's part and parcel of a watch's life. Esp when you are typing on the desktop.

I don't recommend you to do anything now as it will first cost money and second it will happen again. 1 thing you can do is...make sure you keyboard is lifted up and not flat on the table,so that your hand is further away from the table. That I feel is the best long term and cheapest solution

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

looks bad but still superficial. bracelet sure get scratched. I will feel bad too.

Really the most important is the case, dial, movement. especially case not to have deep dings. cannot be replaced as replacing case will not be the same watch anymore.

polishing bracelet no problem as it can be easily replaced if condition become too bad. if case material is lost and become thin there is no turn back.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    this is common,but they seems more than hairline scratches...get use to it,more to come. (but if you really wanna them gone,pm me for polishing solution )
                    Please let me know the solution...thanks..

Comment

i just put a lint free cloth on the table when i type, or on the laptop depending on what im using. serves both ways, protect watch, protect table/laptop
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

You can get special sandpaper (No. 1000) from good hardware stores. Do not rub it back n forth, only in one direction. Can removed all light scratches. I do it all the time. Caution : Only use it on the brush surface and make sure u don touch the egdes. Good luck.

Comment

permanent solution is to change to leather strap
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

or walk around with the blue tape sticking on to the buckle when you walk around...

seen this guys walking around with the blue tape on the buckle.

scratches are inevitable. just learn to live with it.

Comment

Congrats on your puchase but am sorry that this baby got scratched so soon..

Well, if you intend to keep this for LONG TERM.. then endure with these scratches until you send in your watch for servicing yrs down the road.. When you do a servicing at RSC, they will polish the watch for you too... This is one alternative..

On the other hand.. now that you scratched your watch, you dun have to be so worried of getting it scratched.. For me, at office, I will remove my watch when working... to avoid such a mishap...

Still... you should be cheering on your first Rolex and its a great feeling....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X