SUB LV or GMT II C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUB LV or GMT II C

hey fellow forummers... am pretty new here...just got myself a bnib pepsi gmt II "Z" (16710B) series last week and over the week,got poisoned again...the question is to commit on the green bezel sub lv or the gmt II c...personally the green bezel of the submariner is a fatal attraction but at the same time...i am totally in love with the gmt II c as well with its ceramic bezel , green hands and the 3186 movement...my pocket will only allow for one more watch so its either the green sub lv or the gmt II c...

which one would you guys get if the slight difference in pricing is not a factor

Originally posted by wrxy View Post
    hey fellow forummers... am pretty new here...just got myself a bnib pepsi gmt II "Z" (16710B) series last week and over the week,got poisoned again...the question is to commit on the green bezel sub lv or the gmt II c...personally the green bezel of the submariner is a fatal attraction but at the same time...i am totally in love with the gmt II c as well with its ceramic bezel , green hands and the 3186 movement...my pocket will only allow for one more watch so its either the green sub lv or the gmt II c...

which one would you guys get if the slight difference in pricing is not a factor
    Hahaha...you would have alot of ppl asking you to buy both if u didnt state that

Anyway if u ask me...I would go for the GMT IIc..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hah you got lobang to get better prices for bnib pieces?

Comment

Gmtiic
        WISHLIST
        Yachtmaster2 116688
        Sky Dweller
        AP ROO Black Theme
        WG Submariner

Comment

u have a GMTII le so get a Sub LV instead?
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            u have a GMTII le so get a Sub LV instead?
            +1. Furthermore, The GMT IIC would be around for a long time but not sure about the SUB LV.

Comment

Both watches have the same dial!

Only diff is the case, movement and bracelet! Since u already have a GMT2, Sub LV's case is same. I suggest GMT2C.
              Last edited by lthg25; 22-08-09, 09:31 PM. Reason: add on
              My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
              Rolex Submariner 16610
              Rolex Submariner 116610
              Rolex Date 1550
              IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
              IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
              Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
              Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
              Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
              Seiko Sumo SBDC001
              Seiko Sumo SBDC003
              Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
              Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by lthg25 View Post
                Only diff is the case, movement and bracelet! Since u already have a GMT2, Sub LV's case is same. I suggest GMT2C.
                are you comparing the GMT2 and the Sub LV?

a brief summary on major difference btw GMT2 and GMT2c that I can think of right now.

1) GMT2 is 3185 mvoemet but the differnet btw 3186 and 3185 should be only the parachrom spring. BUT if your Z series is one of those few with 3186, then lucky u. Heard a few had the newere movement.

2) Bracelet different, clasp also different

3) GMT2 crown is not triplock

4) bezel of cos is different

5) Price different!!
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

GMT2 and Sub LV

For these 2 case is same, minor difference. Sub LV dial is same as GMT2c. Hence GMT2c should be your choice!
                  My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                  Rolex Submariner 16610
                  Rolex Submariner 116610
                  Rolex Date 1550
                  IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                  IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                  Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                  Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                  Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                  Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                  Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                  Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                  Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

aiyah, sell your GMTII and get the GMT2C and Sub LV lor

Comment

haha i wish i could sell the gmt II and get both the gmt II c and sub lv but among all my hearts still with the gmt II pepsi..has been my dream watch for a really long time and give that it has been discountinued,i wouldnt think abt selling it...

havent gotten the movement checked out yet but the possibility that its a 3186 would be pretty low...

err actually i've got my mind set on the gmt II c but that green monster keeps making me hesitate...dun wanna make the plunge and regret not getting the sub..arghhh if only my pocket was big enuff...anyway i would say getting the sub is more of exclusivity given that its the only green bezel rolex around...thanks for the imput guys...keep em comming...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxy View Post
                        haha i wish i could sell the gmt II and get both the gmt II c and sub lv but among all my hearts still with the gmt II pepsi..has been my dream watch for a really long time and give that it has been discountinued,i wouldnt think abt selling it...

havent gotten the movement checked out yet but the possibility that its a 3186 would be pretty low...

err actually i've got my mind set on the gmt II c but that green monster keeps making me hesitate...dun wanna make the plunge and regret not getting the sub..arghhh if only my pocket was big enuff...anyway i would say getting the sub is more of exclusivity given that its the only green bezel rolex around...thanks for the imput guys...keep em comming...
                        If you paid a premium for the GMT II then likely it's a 3186

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Gmt2c
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                            aiyah, sell your GMTII and get the GMT2C and Sub LV lor
                            I also have the same idea. Cheers!
                            Present:
                            Panerai Luminar 1950 Marina 8 days PAM 233
                            IWC Big Pilot S/S (Ref#IW5004-01)
                            IWC Pilot's Watch Mark XVI (Ref#IW3255-01)
                            IWC Aquatimer Automatic 2000 (Ref#IW3568-06)
                            Rolex RoseGold/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#178341)
                            Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                            Omega Constellation (Ref#123.10.27.60.51.001)

Comment

GMTII..... Cheers!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X