Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Next After GMTIIC?

Dear Bros,

My Gf and I have decided to exchange gifts. I've recently gotten her a Lady Perpetual Datejust (MoP) with 10-pt diamond and she in turn has been asking me what catches my fancy.

Assuming that I rule out the Daytona, what Rolex Professional Series model would you guys get if you already had a GMTIIC?

I have in mind the following:

1. Rolex Deepsea; or
    2. New Submariner half gold (ceremic bezel); or
    3. Rolex Datejust (Men) with 10 pt diamond and white gold bezel; or
    4. Cartier Santos 100 basic model...

Appreciate your views, please... thanks
    WISHLIST
    Yachtmaster2 116688
    Sky Dweller
    AP ROO Black Theme
    WG Submariner

Have you considered a Milgauss? Seems like you fancy large watches and the Milgauss is definitely substantial, while still being discreet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
      Dear Bros,

My Gf and I have decided to exchange gifts. I've recently gotten her a Lady Perpetual Datejust (MoP) with 10-pt diamond and she in turn has been asking me what catches my fancy.

Assuming that I rule out the Daytona, what Rolex Professional Series model would you guys get if you already had a GMTIIC?

1. Rolex Deepsea; or

Rolex Datejust (Men) with 10 pt diamond and white gold bezel...

This watch will definitely cost more what U paid for the MOP diamond WG SS for the HER..... business viewpoint you stand to profit from this..hehehe

Comment

hi kt2u,

Thanks for your suggestion. If indeed I do decide to get a milgauss, it would be the green-tinted one. I have not considered it at this juncture because there are some that i already like and am eyeing.

I squeezed the cartier in only because it offered a different look to an otherwise steel collection...
        WISHLIST
        Yachtmaster2 116688
        Sky Dweller
        AP ROO Black Theme
        WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
          Rolex Datejust (Men) with 10 pt diamond and white gold bezel...

This watch will definitely cost more what U paid for the MOP diamond WG SS for the HER..... business viewpoint you stand to profit from this..hehehe
          Not really leh... hers cost about $10.5k.
          WISHLIST
          Yachtmaster2 116688
          Sky Dweller
          AP ROO Black Theme
          WG Submariner

Comment

Dear Bros,

1. Rolex Deepsea; or

New Submariner half gold (ceremic bezel)>?
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

New Submariner half gold (ceremic bezel) more eye catching, if she dont mind of the higher cost than her Lady DJ...

do update us bro.

Comment

Not really leh... hers cost about $10.5k.
                Then u should up-size the selctions... TT diamond DATEJUST. Shld be ard $12K after discount.... or BLUE ceramic sub $14K+?

Comment

1. Rolex Deepsea; or
                  If from my personnel view.
                  >i choose No. 2 is maybe it projects a more "mm jia lan" look..sporty yet well to do & in fashion, like ah sia kia..Sry, i dunno english call what..
                  >I choose No. 3 is bcos currently i dun hv a blink blink (under sunlight gv off sparkles), maybe add in dimond bezel on a sweetened 牛奶 colour MoP dial.Personal preferance.

Not choosing No.1 or No. 4 is cos, Deepsea, although i agree is a nice watch, but i feel its like abit lose out in the maness VS the GmtIIc.
                  No offence to ppl tat hv DeepSea.
                  Cartier, i feel is a gentalman watch, does not match well to my charector.
                  Personal preferance bah...
                  Money Money come to me.

Comment

A blue sub would complement the GMT. The more dressy look datejust not only complement the sporty look GMT but also match well the lady datejust.

Comment

Bro ZidaneOng, I am still smitten by the TT Ceramic Blue Bezel. I wonder if my interest would wane over time as that same watch seems to be soooo available... compared to my SS GMTIIC...

Will wait and see...
                      WISHLIST
                      Yachtmaster2 116688
                      Sky Dweller
                      AP ROO Black Theme
                      WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                        Then u should up-size the selctions... TT diamond DATEJUST. Shld be ard $12K after discount.... or BLUE ceramic sub $14K+?
                        Thanks for your suggestion. Not looking to choose one that costs more. Although she would not want me to top up the excess of what I had paid for her watch, I would definitely insist. The watch I wear MUST smile for me AND her...

In any case, TT datejust is a little out for me... does not match my skin colour... haha.
                        WISHLIST
                        Yachtmaster2 116688
                        Sky Dweller
                        AP ROO Black Theme
                        WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
                          New Submariner half gold (ceremic bezel) more eye catching, if she dont mind of the higher cost than her Lady DJ...

do update us bro.
                          Bro Siambee, I fully agree with you on this. The blue, gold and stainless steel offers quite a knockout blow to anyone who catches a glimpse when it is riding an escalator...
                          WISHLIST
                          Yachtmaster2 116688
                          Sky Dweller
                          AP ROO Black Theme
                          WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by Cop View Post
                            If from my personnel view.
                            >i choose No. 2 is maybe it projects a more "mm jia lan" look..sporty yet well to do & in fashion, like ah sia kia..Sry, i dunno english call what..
                            >I choose No. 3 is bcos currently i dun hv a blink blink (under sunlight gv off sparkles), maybe add in dimond bezel on a sweetened 牛奶 colour MoP dial.Personal preferance.

Not choosing No.1 or No. 4 is cos, Deepsea, although i agree is a nice watch, but i feel its like abit lose out in the maness VS the GmtIIc.
                            No offence to ppl tat hv DeepSea.
                            Cartier, i feel is a gentalman watch, does not match well to my charector.
                            Personal preferance bah...
                            Bro Cop,

Not too sure what does "mm jia lan" mean, but if the new TT Blue Sub can project the 'ah sia kia' look, I LIIIIKKKKKEEE.

I am also attracted to the blink blink. I am too old to pierce my ear ala David Beckham, but a little blink on the wrist should look good and also matches her watch. But would it project the ah pek look or less ah sia kia i wonder... effect

Yes, cartier is elegant, and I am worried as a result will not get my wrist time. I will share more on Deepsea in my next post... sigh... this is getting tough...
                            WISHLIST
                            Yachtmaster2 116688
                            Sky Dweller
                            AP ROO Black Theme
                            WG Submariner

Comment

Was at an AD the other day. Expressed interest in the Deepsea and this was his reply:

"Don't buy Deepsea la. When first launched, prices quoted went as high as $16k - 20k, and now it is $12kplus before discount."

And when I asked about the Datejust, he said that I gotta be kidding.
                              I asked about the TT Sub Ceramic with Blue Dial, and he discouraged me.

First time I see someone telling me not to buy watch when I had expressed strong buying indicators...

Instead he asked me to go for the SS Daytona.
                              WISHLIST
                              Yachtmaster2 116688
                              Sky Dweller
                              AP ROO Black Theme
                              WG Submariner

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X