Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poll: will u buy 10 yo sub for $4.5 (no cert/svc history)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poll: will u buy 10 yo sub for $4.5 (no cert/svc history)?

as per topic...
    will buy
    39.13%
    won't buy
    26.09%
    haggle then buy
    8.70%
    look elsewhere for better deals
    26.09%

The poll is expired.

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

as per topic...

recently i've been thinking of getting a 2nd hand sub for daily use (my tudor's too shiny) and if i buy it, it will go to rsc for full service first.

i'm not sure if SG$4,500 is a good deal for a U-series 16610... comes only with a box and the bracelet is stretched.

all opinions appreciated.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      as per topic...

recently i've been thinking of getting a 2nd hand sub for daily use (my tudor's too shiny) and if i buy it, it will go to rsc for full service first.

i'm not sure if SG$4,500 is a good deal for a U-series 16610... comes only with a box and the bracelet is stretched.

all opinions appreciated.
      look around first b4 deciding as the repair price for your sub might be ex, since it is priced at such a good price.
      can refer to this thread for more infomation
      http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...031#post186031
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Buy Buy.... so gd price...

I got my W series at 4.9k......

Urs U series....... if overall good con then ok la......... Y mine 4.9.........????

Guess I didn't bargain hard enuff... But i still love my sub....

I still believe that a good rolex should be able to withstand 10 - 20 yrs of normal usage.. Personal newbie opinion...

Good luck with your purchase bro..
        相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

For your Ref.

Bro Taxico, I've included some pics of my purchase. hope it helps..

Thats my SUB ..
          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Wow!Many ppl intend to get a Rolex Sub!...Good,A watch that I always appreciate & I am a die hard fan of Submariner!

Comment

Originally posted by augpat View Post
              Wow!Many ppl intend to get a Rolex Sub!...Good,A watch that I always appreciate & I am a die hard fan of Submariner!
              You wouldn't regret with a sub.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                You wouldn't regret with a sub.
                Yea I second tht.
                相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

to me min papers is a must for preown.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    Original Papers and Boxes are great if only they do not come at a premium.

My personal opinion is tht if buying preown, papers and box not impt as its already old(used). But its a FACT that resale price is way better with B&P. So i'm keeping all my papers and boxes for new pieces.

The price is the deciding factor for Limited $$ me.

Thts my newbie opinion..
                    相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

preown boxes can find 1...papers are just a piece of paper to me...

price is the main factor

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
                        Buy Buy.... so gd price...

I got my W series at 4.9k......

Urs U series....... if overall good con then ok la......... Y mine 4.9.........????

Guess I didn't bargain hard enuff... But i still love my sub....

I still believe that a good rolex should be able to withstand 10 - 20 yrs of normal usage.. Personal newbie opinion...
                        hey ray, thanks for your pix. your sub looks awesome, nothing like a W-series...!!

my dad has had his datejust for over 35 years, and it's been serviced just once when the acrylic crystal cracked. time keeping is still pretty much spot on.

my 2 year old tudor has been through many rough spots with me and is working fine... i guess i just missed having a sub on my wrist...!

the probability of me buying the 16610 is quite high, just awaiting confirmation for a few things...

as the dial says only "swiss" so i think it has been replaced before. (correct me if this is wrong)

also, is there an obvious way of knowing whether or not the watch's been polished? what should i look out for?

Comment

Old watches doesn't mean lousy watches, they just require more of your attention and a delicate touch.

The onli thing i had to bear with is that i did not see my SUB LUME in my hands. Cos of age the markers dun shine anymore.... And that my bracelet does not have Solid End Links, other than these 2. Its Perfect..

Maybe you can consider these 2 factors that i faced, it can't be cheap for no reason.

As for your questions will have to leave to the Old Birds to answer as I still too newbie..

Looking forward to see SUB on your wrist bro!
                          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

I, too, prefer at least paper; because a sense of the history of the watch is important.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              agree with this. box, manuals, tags can always buy from grey mkt. Papers is like IC. each is unique to your watch.
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X